Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:29 PM   #1

Today I went after work to visit some of the sites people leave their tributes to the victims of 7/7.
It was a strange experience. The tributes are very moving. Some clearly from friends and relatives of missing/victims. Others from people who have just felt the need to express their sorrow or anger or both.
Out of the three locations i visited there was heavy police presence and even heavier press presence at two. The tv crews were like vultures ho[ping for someone to burst in tears so they would get their footage. It was really distasteful.
At King's Cross station at the flower area you are not allowed to take pictures in but the press are just in front fingers on shutter at the ready. No doubt some visitors get hyped up to perfiorm for them so they get themselves in the papers or tv......
At Russell Square gradens there is a small flower area and no police or press...so people seemed to feel freer to look at tributes and stand there silently for a long time in contemplation without getting someone pushing a microphone under their noses asking "how do you feel".

Anyway...I have made a gallery of the pics here:
http://jussi.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...umName=album13

Here a few samples...

photo 1

Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:30 PM   #2

photo 2

Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:58 PM   #3

Very nice, jussiuk . Some of those shots gave me goosebumps whilst looking at them and thinking.
Well done.

On a side note.... i cant wait to go back to london. i dont go nearly as often as i'd like to, but it is a truly awesome city in so many ways.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote