Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:40 PM   #1

Tried a movie,I used QuickTime.When I played it back it hesitated between frames.It was not all one smooth motion.
It plays back on the camera OK.I am using the card reader in my Canon printer.Do I have to download the movie before it will work properly.I can veiw pics with the Canon card reader without creating a folder.
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

I think it should be downloaded.

It should not be jerky

Why do you not want to download the file to your computer?

After all that is what digital is about.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:20 PM   #3

You should definately download it (copy it) to your computer. You are trying to 'stream' a relatively high bandwidth file over a relatively small pipe. I don't know what the read speed of your card and the Canon printer are, but it's quite possibly USB 1.1, which would make for very poor video streams.

Copy it, watch it.
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:34 PM   #4

Well I guess I don't know what to do on this here puter.I have no problem downloading pics,but I can't seem to download movies.When I play them on the camera their ok,but when I play them on my computer they look like old Charlie Chaplin movies.They do not move smoothly. I'm not sure how to download movies.It tells me I can't because it's write protected.I have seen that before but forgot what to do.
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:03 PM   #5

Are you sure you're not cutting and pasting from the memory card to your hard drive instead of copying and pasting? if this is the case, and the memory card is write protected, it wont let you do it, cos itll try to delete it from the memory card (hence the "cutting") whilst its copying it. maybe completely useless advice, but just a thought.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:08 PM   #6

Well there is a write protect switch on most SD cards. Up is off down is write protected.

If that is not the problem just copy the file to the computer instead of moving it or drag and dropping it.

If you do not get it ... tell us what OS you are using and how you are trying to download the file.

It should be no problem to open that drive in wiindows explorer and to tell it to copy the file to "My Pictures"

It is most likely the camera that is causing the movie to look choppy because even though Panasonic says the FZ20 is USB2 it is not high speed USB2.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote