Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:21 PM   #1

I am a new FZ20 user and have just received Nikon 6T. I have seen lots of great images here. I would appreciate some tips and advices on how to take such great photo.

Which mode should I use (auto, manual, macro, etc.)? Should I use manual or auto focus?

Thanks you.
skyrocketfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:42 PM   #2

skyrocketfw wrote:
Quote:
I am a new FZ20 user and have just received Nikon 6T. I have seen lots of great images here. I would appreciate some tips and advices on how to take such great photo.

Which mode should I use (auto, manual, macro, etc.)? Should I use manual or auto focus?

Thanks you.
If you do a search in this group for "6T" you will find a great many postings with answers to all of your questions.

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:24 AM   #3

mtritt wrote:
Quote:
If you do a search in this group for "6T" you will find a great many postings with answers to all of your questions.
Thanks for suggestion. I already look at several posts but most people only posted their photo and not the camera setting.

Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:33 AM   #4

skyrocketfw wrote:
Quote:
mtritt wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for suggestion. I already look at several posts but most people only posted their photo and not the camera setting.

They're out there. Try different key words in your search. Here are a couple:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...t=6t+macro+how
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...t=6t+macro+how

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:40 AM   #5

Use P, A, S, or M. Dont use macro mode. Start at lower zooms; <6x. You will focus from about 12" from the subject with the 6t attached. Lots of light; little breeze. Practice on fixed subjects such as coins or jewelry. Lock focus with a shutter half press and move the camera physically slightly closer and further to get maximum focus, particularly at higher zooms. Use the evf and keep your elbows close to your body to stablize the camera. No tripod is needed; it just gets in the way. Like your mother said, "Practice, practice, practice." It's fun!
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:24 AM   #6

Thanks for easy to follow, down to earth advice. fmoore. I just started with 4t and your advice is very helpful.
oprakitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:53 AM   #7

A 'thank you' from me as well fmoore. Your 'real world' instructions will be invaluable when I finally locate a 6T to purchase. ( and when my broken kneecap allows me to walk........& take pictures again :evil::-))

Cheers
Chad
jchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:35 AM   #8

jchad wrote:
Quote:
and when my broken kneecap allows me to walk........& take pictures again
Ouch!Kneecaps are a must for macros. Get well soon.

Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:20 PM   #9

Thanks for your helps.

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Use P, A, S, or M. Dont use macro mode. Start at lower zooms; <6x. You will focus from about 12" from the subject with the 6t attached. Lots of light; little breeze. Practice on fixed subjects such as coins or jewelry. Lock focus with a shutter half press and move the camera physically slightly closer and further to get maximum focus, particularly at higher zooms. Use the evf and keep your elbows close to your body to stablize the camera. No tripod is needed; it just gets in the way. Like your mother said, "Practice, practice, practice." It's fun!
Why macro mode shouldn't be used?

I am having trouble focusing. Should I set Continuous AF to ON or OFF? Should I use OIS mode1 or mode2?

Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:24 PM   #10

skyrocketfw wrote:
Quote:
Why macro mode shouldn't be used?

I am having trouble focusing. Should I set Continuous AF to ON or OFF? Should I use OIS mode1 or mode2?
Sorry. My bad. Macro mode seems tobe identical toP mode with the close-up attached. (Somewhere along the line I got the idea there was a conflict when using a close-up lens with the camera in macro mode. Perhaps it was another camera.) I have Continuous AF off. The OIS1 or 2makes no difference. Are you using shutter half press to lock focus? Is there sufficient light? It does take some getting used to. Start at lower zooms from about 12" away using auto focus.