Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 24, 2005, 4:59 PM   #11

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Hello all, long time no post (for yours truly, that is). Does any one know if you can use the LTZ10 with the new FZ30. I am assuming you can't, b/c they have those new lenses for it but I was just wondering, being that I own the $400+ lens. I think I am going to sell my whole FZ20 set up when the new cam comes out!
The new FZ30 has female 55mm threads. I think the new lenses have a combination of 55mm male thread and a 57mm sleeve. I smell a price reduction on the add-on lenses Tele=$310, WA =$210.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:24 AM   #12

Thanks Lovelife! Part of me feels like I'm getting ripped off, b/c I am sure they could have made the LTZ10 lens and the wide lens fit the new cam, with a step down ring, or something, rather than a new lens. It just feels like Panasonic "accidently" dropped the soap while trying to hand it to me. But I guess it is all good, being that I will sell my LTZ10 and hopefully get close to what it is worth, I only used it twice. I don't know about the rest of you but ever since I got the FZ20, and realized it's flaws (albeit relatively minor), I have been waiting for the FZ30. And I am very excited. It makes me feel like a guy, getting excited over electronics. Of course I also get excited about lip liners (esp. the Mac line!), how many of u guys can say that?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:26 PM   #13

Front 55mm thread inside the first step on the lens looks like its plastic.

Attached Images

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:54 PM   #14

These are terrific shots has anyone seen one from the bottom?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 5:45 PM   #15

That looks like 1/2 second blackout. The whole process takes too long. It should be 1/2 second with a 1/4 second blackout.