Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:50 PM   #1

Gospel had a URL for images of Panasonic products and I found a few pics of the FZ30 that I hadn't seen, especially the silver version. Pardon me if already posted.

Here's the address:
http://www.panasonic.se/me/internet/images/products/

Scroll down to the DMC-FZ30 pics.

Attached Images

Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:59 AM   #2

ThanksI went on the site, downloaded the pics and did a little composite for easy viewing. Here it is:arrow:
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:04 AM   #3

that looks great! definetively going to buy this camera + wcon + tcon when it comes out. can't wait

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"anyone know if the flash recommended in the manual is the same one recommended for the FZ20, and I should keep my Sunpak 383, or is it different and I should get that too?:?
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:28 PM   #4

Jering wrote:
Quote:
Gospel had a URL for images of Panasonic products and I found a few pics of the FZ30 that I hadn't seen, especially the silver version. Pardon me if already posted.

Here's the address:
http://www.panasonic.se/me/internet/images/products/

Scroll down to the DMC-FZ30 pics.
Since you are finding all these itemssee if your can find the weight and prices on the LT55 and LW55 lenses. I cannot tell if the lenses are female mount bayonet or male 55mm threads.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:32 PM   #5

I think the two adapter lenses will also have a mounting bracket as the older models.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:48 PM   #6

That is a great looking camera, I think I will (if the reviews turn out well) upgrade my FZ10 to this. It would be really nice if I could use my 62mm macro/polarizer... Anyone have any idea on if the lens hoods from the FZ10/20 are interchangable with this one?

I love that manual zoom, that is one of the major reasons why I like DSLRs (I don't actually own one though), but now that we have the FZ30... Since there is no buttons for the zoom (at least none that I can see), I wouldn't be surprised if it was a really manual zoom, that is, not a electronic motorized one (not sure of the correct term). because if it was an electronic one, then it would be no problem to add a couple buttons on the camera for controling the zoom.

I can't wait
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:53 PM   #7

blinblue wrote:
Quote:
That is a great looking camera, I think I will (if the reviews turn out well) upgrade my FZ10 to this. It would be really nice if I could use my 62mm macro/polarizer... Anyone have any idea on if the lens hoods from the FZ10/20 are interchangable with this one?

I love that manual zoom, that is one of the major reasons why I like DSLRs (I don't actually own one though), but now that we have the FZ30... Since there is no buttons for the zoom (at least none that I can see), I wouldn't be surprised if it was a really manual zoom, that is, not a electronic motorized one (not sure of the correct term). because if it was an electronic one, then it would be no problem to add a couple buttons on the camera for controling the zoom.

I can't wait
It looks like a fly-by-wire focus. Just like the FZ10,15 znd 30. I am not even sure the lens moves at all.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:13 PM   #8

I am have been reading about fz5 and fz20 range of digicams and almost bought one. But if anyone is interested they are pre-selling these fz30s on the internet and they are only starting at $699. Check them out...

http://www.centraldigital.com/product/?9781

http://www.dbuys.com/product/?9781

I think dbuy and centraldigital are the same site because the product ids are the same. :?

Hmm... I am wondering what will happen to the price of the fz20s, they must be dropping like a rock now. :roll:
pekaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:53 PM   #9

blinblue wrote:
Quote:

I can't wait
looks like mechanical zoom and electronic focus from what I've read.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:38 AM   #10

Hello all, long time no post (for yours truly, that is). Does any one know if you can use the LTZ10 with the new FZ30. I am assuming you can't, b/c they have those new lenses for it but I was just wondering, being that I own the $400+ lens. I think I am going to sell my whole FZ20 set up when the new cam comes out!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote