Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:21 AM   #1

This evening I connected the fz5 to pc with windows xp, the icons appeared and I choose the 'open file..' , then I saw windows open them all (approximately 350 pics) until the thumbnails completed, againas usual. Before even saw the pics i was taken, the madness happened...............

What makes me going mad iswhen I suddenly disconnect the USB cable from the camera WITHOUT first closing the picturefolder (with full of thumbnails) and WITHOUT click the 'safely remove hardware...'

then I check the file in camera, normal, I connect to pc again, normal...!!???

Are there chances (-even if we don't notice them-) that I'd do damages tothe camera?, or sd card?, or the picturesin the sd card?

Could this degrade the pictures that Ialready have in the sd card?? :?cause I did not close the picture folder first and 'BAAMM!!!' I pull the cable, even without safely remove..

Sorry for my long posted guys, I'm very confused rightnow and need your opinions and advices,

thanks very much
dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:41 AM   #2

dian, it would be better to get a good card reader. Then you don't have to go direct from the camera. Plus, its much faster. The card reader can stay connected to a rear port. I noted you don't have a program. At least download Picasa. You can Export Picture to Folder, saving a copy as you like after having worked on it. Often a 90% quality save we give a small enough size to post. Picasa leaves the originalphoto as it was. Just drop a card in the reader and let Picasa open it. Its free. Then you can look ito Photo Impact , Picture Window Pro, MS Digital Image Pro, etc.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 4:41 PM   #3

Since the pictures were not being downloaded I doubt you did any damage.

But I also agree that a card reader is a good Idea. they are available from about 10 bucks. Just make sure it is USB2.

And I do not believe in leaving photos on the card, when you get the chance to put them on a computer or other storage device get them off the card, and formatthe cardin the camera at least once every3 or 4transfers.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:18 AM   #4

Thanks Tazzie and Genece, I feel better now, thanks..
dian is offline   Reply With Quote