Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:49 PM   #11

Your feelin and mood, handle the cam and take a shoot, see the result feel the good.

oh, don't forget to bring the food, and when the day come put backthe hood.

Your photos will look so good !! :|

dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:16 PM   #12

That's a very good question and there are somany answers. There are so many criteria but it's not necessary to meet all of them to produce a great photograph, although it certainly helps! Among the great photographer's there are some such as Atget and Cartier-Bresson who weren't as technically proficient as Ansel Adams or Edward Weston, but who more than made up for it with an uncanny eye for composition and perfect timing - Bresson's "the decisive moment." Even though their exposures might not havealways been on the money, their photographs were very powerful.They evoked an emotional response, which as someof the previousrespondents pointed out, is probably the main criteria for a good photograph.

Good photographyis an expressionnot just of what one sees, butof what one feels when looking at a scene or event.Good composition,accurate exposure, good lighting and all the rest are certainly what we should strive for, but ultimatelythey are only toolsand techniques that workto produce a great photograph onlywhen directed by the mind, the heart and thesoul. I think it helps to learn the rules butwe should photograph whatweknow, whatwe love, what excites our passions or curiosity. And we shouldn't be afraid to consciously break the rules if it suits our vision. I know I sometimes rush in to a situation and snap, snap, snap., butmy photographs are usuall much better when I slow down and think about the picture instead of the camera, about what I feel instead of what I see.

Having said all that,I still consider myself very lucky if I can produce one really good photograph every month orevery other month!
pggunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:23 PM   #13

Ansel Adams answer to this question was quite simple:
f/64 !
But with f/8 we have to find a different view.
The FZ30 has f/11, let us see where this story ends.
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:29 AM   #14

My few good ones are not planned,it is a matter of me being in the right place at the right time
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 7:50 AM   #15

There isexcellent advice in this thread. There always seems to be more to learn and too much to remember.

Iplay the percentages, take lots of pictures and surely one has to be good. I just love burst mode a bunch of SD media!
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 4:01 PM   #16

Still thinking about this theme - thanks bĀ“mom.

My problem is to realize by myself that a photo is good.
Sometimes you are proud of a shot and next week you can do it much better.
I need the response of a forum like this to adjust my opinion.
I guess a photo is good if it touches other people (so maybe a photo is good if hiroshi answers? sorry for that!).
But to stay with hiroshi, there are not so many people here who criticise or make suggestions for improvements.
So lets hope that this community makes photos good!
Thanks boyzo for your excellent answer!!
sven

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote