Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:10 PM   #1

Just recieved the raynox dcr250 macro. If anyone has any tips on how to get the best of the lens, please let me know. I am also awaiting the dcr150 which is on backorder.

Look forward to your suggestions and any pictures you have taken.

Steve
stevetracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:26 PM   #2

The +8 diopter dcr250 is an excellent and very powerful lens. Too bad you didn't get the dcr150 first since at half the power (+4 diopter) it is somewhat easier to use. At any rate, the dcr250 will focus from about 5" from the subject. Best to practice at low zooms on fixed objects like coins or jewelry in very good light. The 250 will vignett below~3x but don't worry about that since you're just practicing anyway. As you increase the zoom you will stay at the same 5" distance but the dof will become more and more shallow resulting in focusing difficulty at the higher zooms. At 12x the dof is only 1-2mm so any slight movement closer or away will bring the camera in and out of focus -thus the need for practicing.

This with the fz5 and dcr250 at 12x zoom. Notice how shallow the dof is even at f8. Resized only

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:25 AM   #3

Many thanks, it is a shame the dcr150 didn't come first. Hopefully by the time it comes I would have had plenty of practice with the dcr250.
stevetracey is offline   Reply With Quote