Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:57 AM   #1

Shot this on the weekend, Its the first time I've played with mixing sepia with 4 colour. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:27 AM   #2

Good looking fellow. Two things that hurt the photo for me are knowing it is a brother and girlfriend, and your reflection. My mind doesn't want that. It wants the fellow not to even know she was there and for her to have been taken by his looks as it was the first time she saw him. Maybe she will never see him again. Thats the way it struck me. Otherwise, I like the overall tone and mood and the colour in the glasses was fine.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:42 AM   #3

I like it too.

Nice PP.
I only wish he had his (right) eye open and the I could see a longdesert road with sky and some clouds in his glasses, rather than the photographer and a standing woman (?).

The noise in the upper sky could have been abolished, but some grain like that does not matter, or it might even be better than silk smooth.

Very nice indeed

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:13 AM   #4

My eye is also drawn immediately to the photographers reflection. A great image IMO apart from that.

Chad
jchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:36 AM   #5

AWESOME! I love this shot! I really agree with the above points regarding the "artistic" view of it, but from a purely techinical/photographical standpoint, it's an awesome effect! You mentioned mixing Sepia with CMYK - was this a PP effect or did you employ filters?

sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:23 AM   #6

sprocket87 wrote:
Quote:
AWESOME! I love this shot! I really agree with the above points regarding the "artistic" view of it, but from a purely techinical/photographical standpoint, it's an awesome effect! You mentioned mixing Sepia with CMYK - was this a PP effect or did you employ filters?

Hi sprocket.
The mix was done in photo shop, but there are no filters for doing this, its just done by dividing the glasses from the rest with a clipping path and then playing with curves ect.

Thanks for all your comments, I totally agree with the fact that my reflection not only distracts, but drags the eye away from the main figure.DOH.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote