Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:47 PM   #31

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
as i mentioned, i put the TCON on in front of my 62mm polarizer over the weekend and took some shots, and it didn't seem to matter that the polarizer was between the TCON and the camera... it appeared to function normally. i don't think you'd notice the difference on a print, and i certainly don't intend to spend absurd amounts of money on an 86mm polarizer if i don't have to! i haven't yet purchased a UV filter to fit the TCON, and i'm not sure i plan to... that'sjust adding one more piece of glass, and with my 62mm UV filter, the polarizer,and the TCON, i'm already stacking more glass than i probably should.
Is $82.00 an absurd amount for a LP? Is $44.63 an absurd amount for a UV? I do not think so I would sell them with the TCON14B when the time came.
depends on your point of view. why spend $82 on an 86mm polarizer if you don't need one? that was my point, and it would be kinda silly... as fora UV filter for the TCON, i'm still undecided on whether i need that one or not, but i'll probably break down and get one anyway, even if for no other reason than to keep fingerprints and dust off the TCON glass...

I could see doing that with a UV, that is a one-piece construction with a snap ring. The polarizer's two rings bother me a bit. There is nothing wrong with mounting the 86mm filters on smaller filter mounts with a step-up ring. That is what they were originally designed for.
I have the TCON-14B, TCON 17, and TCON 08B Is getting a 105mm filter and using step up rings for the smaller practical?. 77mm/105mm TCON 17, and 86/105 TCON 14 and directly on the WCON-08B. Interesting thought but is it practical? Cost?? 105 filter, 77/105 and 77/105 SU

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 2:05 PM   #32

stnkline wrote:
Quote:
I have the TCON-14B, TCON 17, and TCON 08B Is getting a 105mm filter and using step up rings for the smaller practical?. 77mm/105mm TCON 17, and 86/105 TCON 14 and directly on the WCON-08B. Interesting thought but is it practical? Cost?? 105 filter, 77/105 and 77/105 SU

Stan
as far as i know, the TCON-17 doesn't have front threads to mount a filter, unless they've changed somewhere along the way...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 2:44 PM   #33

You are right: TCON 17 has no front threads!!![I changed it]But A 77 filter can be forced into a TCON 17. I have attached a glassless filter ring by pressing and 'screwing' it in. No glue as yet.I do not think I would trust it for stacking a lens and using the stack in thefield.I did use the TCON 17>TCON 14Bstack forimage qualitytests. Needs a bracket for support. I have it half done.

FZ20>TCON 17>TCON 14B PLUS ASSORTED RINGS.

Did the C210>TCON 17 but wasn't happy.

STAN

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
stnkline wrote:
Quote:

Stan
as far as i know, the TCON-17 doesn't have front threads to mount a filter, unless they've changed somewhere along the way...

stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote