Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:33 PM   #1

Pretty easy project, I think anyone with access to some metal working tools and supplies should definitely try it. The remote has a nice solid feel, it's 1/8" thick aluminum tubing, so it doesn't feel flimsy like the typical plastic remotes. Trigger button is focus, and thumb button is the shutter release.

Attached Images

Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:34 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:34 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:34 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:40 PM   #5

nice job
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 1:42 PM   #6

Thanks! The next step is to make a wireless version

Got the schematics for that from a member at DCResource, but just need the wireless receiver unit.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:18 PM   #7

Looks really neat....and solid...unlike others...The design is good too...The only finishing that may require is some black spray paint...will look really cool then
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:19 PM   #8

Rhombuss wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! The next step is to make a wireless version

Got the schematics for that from a member at DCResource, but just need the wireless receiver unit.
Glad I could help you with the jack.Your design doeslook professional!!!

My wireless diagram is all over the INTERNET of the wireless I built.Gene posted it.It is not that hard to construct !!

I used one relay from the wireless remote control to short out the 36k resistor and another relay to short out both the 36k and the 2.7k. Mine works to at least 200 feet. Used a 9vdc transistor battery for power. The next modification is to use power from my DPS 9000 external battery. I have too many batteries and spares

Glad I could help..

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:51 PM   #9

Thanks Stan, I do owe you for the jack. Couldn't find it ANYWHERE locally...strange :?. Well, I could've bought a $25 Nokia headset, but yeah - that'd be a waste.

Definitely gonna give your wireless version a try soon, I hope that Ebay item you posted before is still going to be for sale. Looks like a great little unit.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:05 PM   #10

Rhombuss wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Stan, I do owe you for the jack. Couldn't find it ANYWHERE locally...strange :P. Well, I could've bought a $25 Nokia headset, but yeah - that'd be a waste.

Definitely gonna give your wireless version a try soon, I hope that Ebay item you posted before is still going to be for sale. Looks like a great little unit.
I was thinking of putting a receptacle on my wired remote to allow a jack on the RC remote so the relays short the resistors. Only one set of resistors. And powered by the DPS 900 external power supply to simplify the debris. Used the wireless quite a lot but takes a lot of practice to get the quality of images I want. Have to use manual mode most of the time.

STAN
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote