Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:25 PM   #1

Finally, I think I am near....My previous couple of attempts were failure for the Water droplet shots....However, this time around I am happy with what I got....I think..not using a flash was the problem in my earlier attempts...
Let me know what do you guys think....

You can see many more at http://arunpd.zoto.com

Cheers !!

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 4:43 PM   #2

Awesome results!! Those are some really great ones, it looks like you have it. I've only tried to capture water droplets once with me FZ20, and they came out pretty well for a quick experiment. The flash seems necessary to me as well - you really need to flood the subject to get a high enough shutter speed to 'freeze' the water.

You should try some more splash effects and see what you can come up with (focus on the splash, not just the fall). Keep it up!
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:08 PM   #3

Wow, definitely shows a ton of effort - great shots. What kind of distance were you setup at from the water droplets? You must have amazing timing, or a lot of practice capturing those perfect splashes . Awesome seeing something different, thanks!
Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:44 PM   #4

They're alive! They're alive! You HAVE succeeded. Great job. Allfive look great, some of them look like cool gear shift knobs. How on earth did you manage that? My favorite is #2 because it looks like a coolest gear shift knob. Mh? Do I have sports car on the brain????:?
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:50 PM   #5

I like 'Support' and the 'Link' (unnamed) just below it. And 'Runaway'. Oh, all really good! Fun stuff !

Charlie
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 2:06 PM   #6

Rhombuss wrote:
Quote:
Wow, definitely shows a ton of effort - great shots. What kind of distance were you setup at from the water droplets? You must have amazing timing, or a lot of practice capturing those perfect splashes . Awesome seeing something different, thanks!
These shots were taken with Nikon 6t on my FZ15. The distance from the water drops was approx 1 feet....The camera was set-up on a tripod and was manually focussed. Shutter around 1/1000, F8, ISO100 and onboard flash. Was dropping water with my right hand and continuously releasing the shutter by left hand...with onboard flash on...
Got approximately 60 shots out of which 30 odd were good enough...succcess rate of 50% is good enough according to me
My next try would be splashes due to falling objects...Stay Tunes
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:25 PM   #7

NICE.

I think you got the technique right! Focus is spot on, and the drops are sharp. I think the rest is up to the drops on how they want to form! Well done and keep posting!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote