Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:16 PM   #1

I have a FZ5 and I want to buy one 512MB card. Sandisk Ultra II or Transcend 80X? Any suggestions?
blue28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:21 PM   #2

I have a "Kingston Elite Pro 512 66x" and it's very fast and good.I recommend it! It's working perfect with my FZ5
zeon2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:50 PM   #3

I have the same one for FZ20. Its perfect and very fast.

Greetings

Klaus
kklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:07 PM   #4

Kingston and Sandisk are perfect.
Be carefull with transcend 80x, some of them are ok with the FZs.
Please buy these ones only if you can send them back!
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:20 PM   #5

the Kingmax Platinum 512 is a very fast (60x) card that works flawlessly in my FZ20. it's also among the least expensive... it's a lot cheaper than Sandisk, and works just as well. i got mine for $41 from Newegg.com, and highly recommend them. anything with a continuous read/write speed of 5-6MB/sec (40x) is plenty fast enough... these cameras don't need 80x.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:42 AM   #6

I use a Kingmax 512 and a Kingmax 1GB, both from newegg.com
Never have had a problem with either one.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:33 PM   #7

I use the kingmax 1g. Good deal on the 512mb ($32.55) right now at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820155257
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:02 AM   #8

I use Kingmax 60x 512 and 1gb. But have a real problem with them. Have taken thousands of bird pictures with the FZ20 and Kingmax but the cards record every misstep I make, Never once--- Never--- have they made an image better. They insist in recording exactly what I take.Thus these cards force me to do PPing to fix the images they record. In this day and age there should be something better!!!

What I want is an intelligentcard that records what I want and not what I took.

I see in the future a system that records what I see and PP'es it to what I want without intervention on my part and--of course---prints it out.! Now that's cool.

Anyone out there working on this?

STAN

BTW LoveLife--Are you listening?
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:01 PM   #9

There is a company in Vulcan, Alberta Canada called Virtual Image Chip Set, VICS who are developing a product about the size of a compact flash card. The card plugs into a digital camera. A cable plugs into a port which connects to the CF. At the end of the cables are two electrodes that are stuck onto your temples. The electrodes read the electronic signals from your optic nerve and an image appears in the EVF or LCD screen of the camera. The photographer can then use imagery to project whatever image he wishes onto the screen in conjuction with the actual scene. Your own brain power acts as Photoshop. Images are then written digitally. Sound far fetched? You decide.

http://www.town.vulcan.ab.ca/
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:16 PM   #10

Narcis Oblivion wrote:
Quote:
There is a company in Vulcan, Alberta Canada called Virtual Image Chip Set, VICS who are developing a product about the size of a compact flash card. The card plugs into a digital camera. A cable plugs into a port which connects to the CF. At the end of the cables are two electrodes that are stuck onto your temples. The electrodes read the electronic signals from your optic nerve and an image appears in the EVF or LCD screen of the camera. The photographer can then use imagery to project whatever image he wishes onto the screen in conjuction with the actual scene. Your own brain power acts as Photoshop. Images are then written digitally. Sound far fetched? You decide.

http://www.town.vulcan.ab.ca/
why bother with the camera? just build a microprocessor for the memory module, linked via neural interfaces to the optic nerve and the cerebellum. look at what you want to photograph, command the micrprocessor totake the impulse from the optic nerve, record it, and off you go. "photographic vision". with neural implants and superconductor technology, it oughta be possible in a few years...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote