Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:10 AM   #1

I dropped my FZ3 in the water while flyfishing. Have the Ritz guarantee and am getting it fixed. Want to know if there is a water proof camera case that will fit my camera and where can I purchase? Do not need an underwater housing. I drop - not while taking pictures but while wading. :-? Thank you
ladykimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:11 AM   #2

I have packed in my waist pac a heavy duty zip-Lock plastic bag to put the camera in during wet/damp weather. Use the ones with the sliding lock. Pack the camera in the zip-lock and into the waist-pac. Takes up little room either on or off camera. Cozy and safe.

I always have the camera on a neck strap. Am paranoid about dropping the FZ20

I have the strap attached to the camera on only one end. The other end of the strap is attached to the strap near the wide part. Like a fixed loop cowboy lasso.Long enough so the camera will reach the waist-pac and still quite safe from accidental dropping. Do not like the FZ20 bouncing on my chest.

The camera is not quite protected if dangling on the chest when I am in woods. Keep the Hama rubber hood on to act as a bumper if need be. Camera in my hand or in the pac at all times.
Stan

stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:32 AM   #3

Thank you for good advise :G Tho I had the neck strap on but the baggie might have saved the camera from water damage- tho Ialso cracked the housing.I have a waterproof case for my film camera but it is too small for FZ3. Does anyone know about a larger waterproof case??? Or a good small digital camera - focus in 2 ft range - to take my BIG catch before release? I'm clumbsy
ladykimono is offline   Reply With Quote