Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:48 AM   #1

looks like the Pana is starting to hit come tough competition. No IS on this model but with ISO 1600 who needs it!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...uji_s9000z.asp

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:08 AM   #2

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
No IS on this model but with ISO 1600 who needs it!

Uhh anyone wishing to use it at full telephoto, I would think...

Looks neat, but IS is pretty mandatory with a lens that long IMO. ISO 1600 (and clean lower ISOs) would be nice though
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:15 AM   #3

We'll have to wait and see how usable ISO 1600 is on this camera. We know the F10 which uses a 6MP 1/1.7" sensor. The S9000 comes with a 9MP 1/1.6" sensor, so I would expect a higher noise level compared to the F10.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:54 AM   #4

Treey

You beat me to it. Looks pretty good to me - i could live with a 28-300 esp with the ISO 1600. Its got a slower lens - upto "Leica" quality may be not, not sure if we have zoom and focus rings on the cam but its got some nice features - such as the 0.8 sec start up time as well.

About the sensor size its a 1/1.6" is the same as a 2/3" sensor or there abouts and its got 9MP crammed into it - I think an 7MP would have been even better (esp with noise) but lets wait and see. Its going to be interesting to see how the FZ30 and Fuji 9000 compare. Damn I'm gonna say it once more - the Z30 even with ISO 800 would have had the Fuji beat.

Harj

:|:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:29 PM   #5

I think this has the new Fuji sensor that allows a small CCD but without the noise, I think they introduced it on the F10.
The advantage of using high ISO over IS is that it allows you to use faster shutter speeds. This is a real plus when taking photos of moving objects, the IS only removes camera shake. This is why I would prefer high ISO over IS, but of course I would really like to have High ISO and IS!

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:28 PM   #6

Fujifilm FinePix takes photos good, especially ISO1600 or ISO800 can make your photos clearly when taking photos in dark night. Anyone knowsthe newest S9000 can be aslow as ISO100 or even ISO50? In my opinion, ISO100 or ISO500 is more useful when taking portrait photos.
leafalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:01 AM   #7

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
I think this has the new Fuji sensor that allows a small CCD but without the noise, I think they introduced it on the F10.
The advantage of using high ISO over IS is that it allows you to use faster shutter speeds. This is a real plus when taking photos of moving objects, the IS only removes camera shake. This is why I would prefer high ISO over IS, but of course I would really like to have High ISO and IS!

Treemonkey
Fuji's new sensor? They had a new one last year with a honeycomb design very low noise but color rendition was not that good.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:33 PM   #8
CVC

I think this camera will give the FZ30 a good test in the marketplace. Closer to bridging the DSLR/ Prosumer gap than the Panasonic.
CVC is offline   Reply With Quote