Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:28 AM   #11

The day lily shot certainly isn't soft. I would say it's a little too sharp - over the top, like using thevivid setting on the fz. The soccer shot is excellent. How about taking some direct comparisons withyour fz (20?) and posting them?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:45 AM   #12

All excellent shots!

The flower pic is absolutely stunning. Just amazing.

The soccer shot is action perfectly frozen.

The WW2 bikes are beautifully framed. If you had given the pic just a little bit of patina it would look WW2 genuine.

The self portrait is a nice fun shot.

Great work with a great camera
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:57 PM   #13

Thanks Hiroshi!

fmoore I did not intend this post to be a comparison just a posting of requests that were made by some frequent posters here so I finally got around to posting a few here but post mainly in Critiques and Techniques and the Pentax SLR.

This will be the only time I will post from another make camera in this forum.

I will either post Pana shots or talk about Pana specific topics and posts in this forum.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 7:56 PM   #14

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
My cousin (the girl) playingco-ed soccer in California
That's a great shot - the players really seem to pop out at you. I'm curious why you used ISO200 since it looks like a sunny day?
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 9:42 PM   #15

Camera settings for iso starts at 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:09 PM   #16

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your comments Boyzo and Treemonkey.

Simon,

I chose the Pentax due to the same reason I chose the Panasonic. The features for the price can't be beat. Also, reading in other forums I have not seen nearly the same amount of complaints based on build quality of these cameras and problems they happen to have.

The iso at 3200 for this camera sold me hands down over the rest. Shooting without flash in some cases is your only choice. Image quality as you can see can be accomplished with beautiful results.

Lastly, the price of this camera was far below the others. The fact that 40 years of lens made are compatible with this camera is also a great feature.

As far as a prosumer camera I will stick with the FZXX.

Noise at this point will make a difference whether I will consider the FZ30 or not.
When I read your post, I nearly laughed out loud, because your experience nearly EXACTLY mirrors mine. I recently bought an *ist DS, did loads of research, reading forums, reviews, etc. and I couldn't be happier. I also still love my FZ 20, and will be using it for the things that it does best, or better than the *ist DS. The strong points I have learned on the camera so far is it's ease of operation, it's feel, the image quality, lens availability, and ability to shoot at high ISO. Here are some of my recent shots with it. (Hope no one feels offended that this is in the Panasonic Forum)

Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:13 PM   #17

At a small town parade
Attached Images

Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:14 PM   #18

The obligatory flower picture. None are Photoshoped or tweaked whatsoever, other than slight cropping.
Attached Images

Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:45 AM   #19

HI This is really a kinda a funny converstion on a panasonic forum(lol) but...... after doing research, I wanted an "ist" but couldn't afford one that's why I settled on the Fz5. Does the "ist" have any lenses with stabilization?All the pictures that are posted are great. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:01 PM   #20

Cool pictures guys, but I would really like to see a FZ20 version of each one, like a comparison of the two cameras in the same conditions. It would be interesting to point out what are the elemets that give *ist pictures (and generally DSLR pics) that touch which I've never seen on prosumer cameras (apart from the noise of course... or lack of it ).
photon12 is offline   Reply With Quote