Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1

While I was away from home I posted 2 pictures using my laptop and the internet connection provided by a motel. I had taken the pictures earllier and thought they looked interesting. When I got home I looked at the pictures on the forum using my desktop and CRT monitor and they looked -YUCK- nothing like they looked on my laptop. When I view the pictures on the forum using my laptop they look like I thought they were going to look. Is this a common problem between LCDs and CRTs or is it just me?

The first picture is a copy of the orignal post as it appeared on the forum.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:40 PM   #2

This is the way it was supposed to look although it is a bit lighter and sharper than the one on my laptop. Do any of you see the difference?
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 11:14 PM   #3

yeah there's a big difference in between the two. second one looks a lot more interesting
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4

Yup. HUGE difference. The differrences you're seeing is mostly in the monitor calibrations I think, and secondarily some differences due to using a different type of monitor (LCD vs CRT). I'm no pro in this area (and could be totally off base here!), but that is one of the major problems people have in viewing others' posts. We're all looking at something at least a little different from each other, and in some cases a LOT different. Hardware callibration of monitors is a very good thing, but can be quite expensive for 'home' use. Initially at least, a good quality monitor will be fairly accurate. Over time, even the best monitors change and need recalibrating.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:30 AM   #5

tcook, I'm having avery hardtime with my laptop(my only computer). They do look great on my laptop(Hp pavillion)soooo I send them to my husbands computer to take another look....They always look different. I've decided that I going to have to at the very least get a good new monitor that is calabrated right.)It definitely is a problem for me......Very frustrating. There is a big difference in your pictures....second one is much better. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:12 PM   #6

I like the first one best. It has more mystery to it, and captures the imagination.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote