Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:06 PM   #1

I've been taking daily shots of this hornet's nest about 20 ft from my back door fora couple of weeks. Today one of them took exception to my presence. The first twoare from about 5ft away and about 5 seconds apart. It got me on the right forearm. The third shot is a half hour later. I was ithcin like crazy -everywhere. My face swoll up some. The hornet's nest is in the upper right. I applied copius quantities of beer orally. Seemed to work.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2

Mmmmm...beer. "The cause of, and solution to,all lifes' problems". Homer J. Simpson.:homey:

Melissa (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:12 AM   #3

ouch ,hey fmoore i was kidding about rattling the nest to see how many were in there :O
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:17 AM   #4

No, pappy. That comment was on my posting. Fmoore take advice:? :? He he (I did though and haven't been stung yet :blah: ) Grass still needs mowing there. I was getting set to do it yesterday but it rained. So today I have a new excuse. I certainly don't want to look like THAT mug shot he he :lol:

Nice shot. It shows a little dark on my screen but that could easily be just my monitor.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:25 PM   #5

The hornets must be Canon lovers :blah:
dengar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:58 PM   #6

wow that sucker got ya good:?bee careful:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:33 PM   #7

I'm quite a bit younger than this shot indicates. The trauma of the hornet attack turned my hair gray and wrinkled my face. I doubt I will be able to return to my younger self. The future of these hornets isnot indoubt. I live among women. Theymust be defended. The hornets are history after tomorrow night. May the spray be with me!

PS: I wont take any shots of dead hornets.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 8:57 PM   #8

Gosh fmoore, I hope that you are going to be alright. I'm so sorry that the trauma of the hornets has got the best of you. I'll definitely stay away from them as I don't want my hair to turn gray or my face to wrinkle.....Of course at 62 nothing like that has happened to me yet:-)LOL. Be careful with the spray. We would definitely miss you if you messed up.....May the spray be with you. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:22 PM   #9

I'm only 61, B-mom, and look at me! Well, the hornets wont be looking at me any longer (I hope). I wrapped myself upand Raided the nest at about 8:30pm. I wanted to be Mr Niceguy -erstwhile Nature Boy -but they wouldn't let me. I'm thinking of selling the nest on ebay and buying a case of Wasp & Hornet Spray with the proceeds. What a difference a sting makes!
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:47 PM   #10

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
I'm only 61, B-mom, and look at me! Well, the hornets wont be looking at me any longer (I hope). I wrapped myself upand Raided the nest at about 8:30pm. I wanted to be Mr Niceguy -erstwhile Nature Boy -but they wouldn't let me. I'm thinking of selling the nest on ebay and buying a case of Wasp & Hornet Spray with the proceeds. What a difference a sting makes!
So, how did you remove the nest? Excuse me for being naive, but I've never had to deal with one, and I'm curious.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote