Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:22 AM   #11

Frames are nice Hiroshi so are all the Pics....
BUT #3 is stunning and #5 a great still life....
Excellent work all round....
I really admire your Avatars too the designs are great

Well done

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:37 AM   #12

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Great shots, Hiroshi! My favorite is #4 - I think the boarder really adds to it, too.

Melissa (http://www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
Thanks Melissa. I really appreciate your comments. It's fun to experiment. To me that's what a great part of photography is all about, finding new ways to convey what the lens captures. Just like painting, photography should not be a static art. How many people hang their paintings without frames? I know I'm stretching a bit, but the point is that there is room for both. The fact that I've only gotten 3 comments so far on the frames is an indicator that most forum members are not keen on the idea. Or just that they think my framesstink and are too polite to comment:G.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:02 AM   #13

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Frames are nice Hiroshi so are all the Pics....
BUT #3 is stunning and #5 a great still life....
Excellent work all round....
I really admire your Avatars too the designs are great

Well done

John
Hi John,

You sneaked in there while I was writing my response to Melissa. Thanks for your comments and support. #5 the still life I had posted before some time back, but I wanted to use it for my framing experiment utilizing gray tones. As far as the avatars go, well just call me a nervous fidget, I just keep playing with different things. I haven't uploaded half of the ones I've made. Did I mention I love to play with this stuff:G.

Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:10 AM   #14

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Melissa. I really appreciate your comments. It's fun to experiment. To me that's what a great part of photography is all about, finding new ways to convey what the lens captures. Just like painting, photography should not be a static art. Hiroshi
Hiroshi- I agree completely. Photography is definately not a static art. It's fun to try to find new ways to photograph things. It seems like you have it down pat - I'm still trying to learn, but I always love looking at your shots. Keep em' comming!

Melissa

PS - I meant #5 was my favorite, but #4 is great, too - they all are!
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:12 PM   #15

Hiroshi, You really make my day when I see your beautiful flower photos. We at this forum are very lucky to see and share your talent. What a gift! The frames do bring out the colors of the flowers. I really like #3 and your still life. Great Job! Thanks for sharing! bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:20 PM   #16

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi, You really make my day when I see your beautiful flower photos. We at this forum are very lucky to see and share your talent. What a gift! The frames do bring out the colors of the flowers. I really like #3 and your still life. Great Job! Thanks for sharing! bentleysmom
Wow! Thanks for the great compliment. There are so many great photographers on this forum and I've learned so much here. I feel honored to be able to participate and share some of my photographs.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 4:58 PM   #17

All very nice. The color combinations in # 2 and 5 really stand out to me.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:52 AM   #18

I agree frame adds to the overall appeal of the picture, but I alsofeel frames should not take up somuchspaceas todistract the viewer from the main photographs. I feel the beautify of all the fine photographs have been subdued by the frame effect. Since you are experimenting, why not try thin frames? Don't mistake me, Hiroshi, but that's my honest opinion.

Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote