Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:41 PM   #1

I plan on staying around these particular forums for contemplating an FZ20 purchase, and would like to see more "raw" shots as they can be.

Use Filehost.to for posting image files up to 5mb. unlike imageshack, it's obviously better.
QuikSilvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

Better is very much relative to a lot of things...

www.fotki.com is 10MB free storage or $52/yr. unlimited.

They also make very nice prints fast and inexpensive and don't demand that visitors register to view member photos.

Their interface seems very easy to use, IMHO.
jhrosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:18 PM   #3

Maybe you want to look here 100 mb upload and I think its 25 bucks a year (1500 photos)and 35dollar one time fee if you need more space.

I like it.

http://imageevent.com/

http://imageevent.com/packages.jsp

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 4:54 PM   #4

I'm not shure what exactly are you looking for, but for this forum I store my pictures in www.albumtown.com
I think they have 50Mb upload space and it is for free, and I really like it - it's fast and easy to use.
But if you want more space than I think fora couple of bucks per month you can get more than 200MB, and tha max is I think 15Gb (but it's around 40 bucks per month, so probably It's not practical).
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:11 PM   #5

I store most of my stuff at http://www.zoto.com ...It has 2GB free space and you can post the pics to forum, blogs...and numerous other features...
Thought I'll share this for benefit of forum members...

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:07 AM   #6

arunpd wrote:
Quote:
I store most of my stuff at http://www.zoto.com ...It has 2GB free space and you can post the pics to forum, blogs...and numerous other features...
Thought I'll share this for benefit of forum members...

i've been using www.photobucket.com, but if Zoto gives you 2GB of free space, i think i'll switch! i've been bumping up against the limit at photobucket, and it'd be nice to have a web host that isn't so limiting. thanks for the tip! :G

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:16 AM   #7

The only problem I see with zoto is you can't make gallery viewing invite or friends list only.
rebelpcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:24 PM   #8

Hey the gallery feature is coming in thenext month...if you will check the forum of Zoto you will find that lots of new feature are being added in next couple of months...

What I like about zoto is the different RSS feeds they provide...A neww feature if of creating a Javascript Gallery...just choose the photographs and click on JS and you will get the code for gallery...
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 7:42 AM   #9

Hi Everyone,

Last edited by musicarvind; Jun 6, 2011 at 12:56 AM.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:43 PM   #10

musicarvind wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give my two cents worth opinion on this. Create your own website using your own domain name and hosting with someone like Bluehost or Powweb. Install your own Gallery whether its Minalto Gallery, Coppermine or any other professional galleries and see what that can do for you.

I have my own site http://www.arvind-sachdev.com/gallery if you guys wanna check it out. Can do slideshows etc and give others webspace on your gallery to make their own albums! .. Ideal for sharing between family and friends.

PS. leave some comments while you guys browse the site. I would be more than happy to help out anyone on coming up with their own site and gallery. It costs me about 90USD per year with six months free on hosting with powweb. 5 Gigs of space with 300Gigs monthly bandwidht. I am happy with it !

arvind sachdev..
I agree. Standard fee at networksolutions.com to register your own domain name is $35/yr., but you canregister it for five years for 19.99/yr. (There are other registrars besides networksolutions with much lower rates, but I've always used networksolutions.)I use mymarkdown.com for web space. You can get 250mb of space as low as$1.95/month. They also have numerous photo sharing tools available to plug into your site.

Best part about having your own domain and web space in my opinion is no ads, and you have complete control over the look, etc.
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote