Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:12 PM   #11

According to the reviewer @ www.dcresource.com, the FZ30 DOES GAIN UP in low light when in manual mode.
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:51 AM   #12

Respected Sir

Thanks for ur reply.

Still I m worried @ my decision to purchase FZ 20, as I intend to use it for function photography & that too with flash.I m trying to gather information from the link u hv given.

But if get information on this issue,pl let me know.

Thanks once again

[email protected]
nitesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 8:09 AM   #13

I am not sure who you were addressing this question to, but if the 285 has the correct trigger voltage (less than 24 volts) it will work fine with the FZ20.

But the vivitar flash is made in 2 different countries one is safe to use with digital cameras and one is not.

So either check the voltage of yours or contact Vivitar and ask them.

Or take the flash to a camera shop and let them check the voltage.

Here is a link that discusses the voltage thing but seems not to have a definite answer.

ur reply.

Still I m worried @ my decision to purchase FZ 20, as I intend to use it for function photography & that too with flash.I m trying to gather information from the link u hv given.

But if get information on this issue,pl let me know.

Thanks once again

[email protected]
[/quote]
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:32 PM   #14
csh

jaypeg wrote:
Quote:

I agree on your statement regarding Panasonic's wish of keeping quiet over the bug. Do you think if we write a petition and get all Pana FZ' series owner to sign on it, they will create a firmware to fix this??

Man and I was hoping a full manual controls over the flash. Sticking to 1/250 doesnt really help when you have a flash (also set at M) firing at full power unwittingly.

There are a lot of bugs that Panasonic needs to fix, and it seems they are not interested in fixing any of them.

That's my one regret about the FZ20 I bought: it has some bugs that need fixing, and it probably won't ever happen. Most of them are clearly software errors that could be fixed too.

Just fixing the display issue so it worked right would be a huge plus.

csh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:33 AM   #15

Thank u Sir !

I am trying to get the answer from the link u hv given me.

Thanks once again.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:56 PM   #16
scb

With external flash set to manual, you should be able to control aperature in aprerature mode, and aperature and shutter speed in manual mode. I just got out my Sunpak 383 and tried it.

In dark situations, the dark lcd is a problem that Panasonic should address....

What we really need is the FZ20 upgraded with a bigger sensor, and ttl metering for the external flash and a better lcd that can be gained up for dark situations.
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:52 AM   #17

Thank u Sir.But let me know @Vivitar 285.I don't know the trigger voltage,hence afraid to try the flash with FZ-20.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:58 AM   #18

nitesh wrote:
Quote:
Thank u Sir.But let me know @Vivitar 285.I don't know the trigger voltage,hence afraid to try the flash with FZ-20.

That link shows you how to measure the voltage but if you Email or call Vivitar they will tell you the voltage.

http://www.vivitar.com/Contacts/contact.html

And it is not just the FZ20.. it is almostall digital cameras thatneed a low voltage usually under 12 volts.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote