Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:44 PM   #1

Why not post your photos in the Post Your Photos area and keep the discussion in the Digital camera area about Panasonic Cameras? Just wondering
mikfort51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:40 PM   #2

I basically agree with you. I try topost shots that demonstratea particular attribute of the fz series or an add-on lens. But it is nice to see what the fz's can do and where they have been and this forum isn't all that busy with discussion. Right now the first page goes back a little over 2 days. No biggie.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:44 PM   #3

I've been a forum member for about four months now. From what I've read in the forum, many members have developed relationships with other members. They know what kind of camera each have and the style of photography each persue. Posting on this forum gives many members a chance to have their images critiqued and commented on by users with similar equipment and interests. Members like Hiroshi, Suze, Pappy, Nick, Boyzo, to name just a few are more than happy to offer advice and critique, as well as some light hearted bantering. Bottom line is, it's just fun to post your images here and have someone or two comment on your abilities as a photographer.
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 10:34 PM   #4

if you post your picture in a forum where people know what your camera can and can not do, then you will be judged more on your effort than on the camera's part of the job at taking the picture. if i put my pictures in the Post your Pictures forum like you said, i might have a 1Ds Mark II owner telling me that noise is too bad, and then I have to go through the process of explaining what camera i have, what it's problems are(namely noise) etc, while over here people know all that stuff already:arrow:
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:50 PM   #5

Just look at the number of posts this forum has compared to all the others. We must be doing something right. There are a lot of reasons for all those posts. Were having fun and learning from each other. We like it that way. You can post a crummy picture here, and like pain says get the help you need from someone who has mastered that camera better and knows what it takes to help. There is not another forum anywhere I've been like this bunch.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:43 AM   #6

Besides all the other comments, I would say that posting images helps fill the void inbetween new model introductions ! I doubt we'd have nearly as much information dispersed without people checking in daily (or in my case at least a couplel times a day !) I have an Epson camera also (now dedicated to IR photography), but there is basically no traffic at all on that forum.I think the photos keep the interest in the forum high.

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:48 AM   #7

Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
I have an Epson camera also (now dedicated to IR photography)
What camera is that? How about posting some ir shots with it? I guess they would have to be done with a tripod. This where an image stabilized system proves so beneficial - handheld ir shots in the 1/20s shutter speed range. The fz1 is one of the few cameras with ois that is ir sensitive. The oly c2100 is another.

Quote:
post your picture in a forum where people know what your camera can and can not do
Very valid point, Max.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:42 AM   #8

It is an Epson 850Z. It actually allows more IR than the Fluzi, so a steady hand is normally ok outside anyway. I posted one rose image to here and I think that and a barn image to the Epson site awhile back. I did soften the rose picture for 'artistic' purposes. I did NOT do any other post processing though as I like the 'faux color' that it presented. Maybe I'll play with it a little more this weekend and post some shots. I'd rather have the FZ-1 but since I already owned he Epson I thought I'd learn a bit on it, maybe sell it later on e-bay and switch over.

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote