Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:45 PM   #1

A few weeks ago I travelled to one of my most favorite spots in this part of the world, Waterton Lakes National Park. Pictured here is the Prince of Wales Hotel as seen from the lake shore. The hotel was built in 1926 by the Great Northern Railway. Legend has it that the hotel is haunted. It was also the model used for the Jack Nicholson movie, "The Shining". It has hosted the rich and famous and many Hollywood celebrities. Even Pee Wee Herman. LOL.
Attached Images

Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:49 PM   #2

Here is the view from the hotel lobby, looking south. The lake actually is situated along the 49th parellel. Half way down the lake and you are into the state of Montana. The full name of the park is actually Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park.
Attached Images

Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:10 PM   #3

Interesting, not exactly the type of landscape I picture when I think of Canada. I never did watch the entire movie "The Shining" but it was one of my favorite Nicholson performances.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:20 PM   #4

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Interesting, not exactly the type of landscape I picture when I think of Canada. I never did watch the entire movie "The Shining" but it was one of my favorite Nicholson performances.
Canada is very diverse when it comes to it's landscape. I live on the prairies, which are very flat. Waterton is only 100 kilometers away from where I live. In that amount of space you go from flatland to rolling foothills to the majestic peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 11:07 PM   #5

Narcis, these are two beautiful landscapes. I especially like the sun and shadow effect you captured on the second one and the beautiful deep layered effect of the mountains.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 3:08 AM   #6

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
Narcis, these are two beautiful landscapes. I especially like the sun and shadow effect you captured on the second one and the beautiful deep layered effect of the mountains.
I agree with Hiroshi...............

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 4:59 AM   #7

Great shots - the first really conveys a sense of isolation which does make it a bit spooky. :shock:
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:05 AM   #8

nice:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:59 AM   #9

Thought you might enjoy another shot taken from the Prince of Wales Hotel. My wife and I stayed there in June. This was taken with my FZ20 propped up on the window sill. Exposure F2.8 at 8 seconds, ISO 80. Unretouched.
Attached Images

Hersheys_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:13 AM   #10

Very interesting and very beautiful. I really like the picture of the lake,Narcis. Thanks for sharing.....not only do we all help each other with photography but we also share "our world" which is interseting and informative. Thanks for sharing you all, bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote