Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 14, 2005, 5:43 PM   #11

jhrosier wrote:
Quote:
I find the soft left-hand and top borders on #1 very distracting from an otherwise great shot.
Thanks for pointing that out. It hasnow been corrected.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 6:23 PM   #12

Hiroshi, I must say that I really appreciate your picture of the tibuchina. After you posted the last one, I decided to try one. My pictures aren't very good. It seems thattheyalways look rather flat. I've tried all kinds of lighting.....Anyway what I'm trying to say is your work is wonderful and I really love looking at it......... so thanks for sharing!!!! bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:16 PM   #13

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi, I must say that I really appreciate your picture of the tibuchina. After you posted the last one, I decided to try one. My pictures aren't very good. It seems thattheyalways look rather flat. I've tried all kinds of lighting.....Anyway what I'm trying to say is your work is wonderful and I really love looking at it......... so thanks for sharing!!!! bentleysmom
B.M. Thank for the nice words.....don't get discurraged....you take beautiful pictures...please understand that mostof the pictures I post have had post processing done. I have my FZ20 set at low contrast and high saturation which means that I usuallyincrease the contrast in PP as well as color adjustment and a little burning in targeted areas to create more interest and depth. You will find that shots taken on overcast days will tend to look flat, so contrast adjustment is usually necessary to bring the picture up to a more pleasant level.

To illustrate the point, I will post some of the photos that I took recently on a short business trip to San Francisco. It was overcast and somewhat foggy, so I really had to kick the pictures up a few notches to make them pleasing to the eye.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote