Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:57 PM   #1

I decided I want to get an adapter for a Nikon 4t or 6t. Is there any benefit to going with Lovelife's Cring over the Phayee? They both look like they are good adapters. I have a few 52mm cheap lenses that someone gave me but I dont think Im going to even bother trying them. Thanks in advance.

dengar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:17 PM   #2

I think its a matter of what you may want to do as far as adding lenses, lovelifes adapter sets all lenses at an optimum distance from the camera.

It does cost a little more but it gives you the ability to get the most from any add on lens.

I have a lot of adapters and Lovelifes is the best thought out adapter of them all.

And it looks nice also.

That said I have a phayee adapter among others also, and they all work.

If I was to buy another adapter,(which I am not) I would get another of Lovelifes CRing adapters.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:18 PM   #3

Well Lovelife's adapter might arrive a bit faster for on thing. I like my Phayee but it took a long time to arrive.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:52 PM   #4

I bought the Phayee for my FZ20 back in December. The fit and finish is incredible, beats the Panasonic tube by a mile. I also bought the Tiffen Close-up set (+1,+2,+4) they come in little leatherette case (nice!). I already had Vivitar Polarizer and Hoya UV and Hoya Skylight filters so I bought my Phayee and the Closeups to be the 55mm version. Basically this is the size that would let me use that incredible 1.7x Olympus tele converter (it's the best value and quality for the price).

The end of this story is I bought a Canon 20d since then. My wife won't let me sell the FZ20 but she never even touches the adapter and filters. I took a picture of all the stuff posed and stacked on my FZ20 (attached).

Before you buy your Closeups and Phayee, if you are interested, email me and I'll make you a sweetheart deal. I use my real name on all the sites and have good references.

Bill
Attached Images

hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:12 AM   #5

What's up with selling stuff here? I thought it is was a no no. This Smith guy is all over the forum trying to hawk his gear.
Coolmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:55 AM   #6

I wouldn't call it 'all over the forum'. I had one message that I couldn't delete but edited to say camera is not for sale. And then this second one responding to someone that's wanting to spend dollars on what I may be willing to give away for free. Thank you Mr. Watchguard.

Smith guy :-)
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:22 PM   #7

You're welcome:G
Coolmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 3:19 PM   #8

Thanks Smithy....check your messages in a bit.

dengar69 is offline   Reply With Quote