Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1

I think Im getting better at this everyday...comments welcome! thanks
Attached Images

Ominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:30 PM   #2

another

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:31 PM   #3

last one

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:40 PM   #4

Ominous wrote:
Quote:
I think Im getting better at this everyday...comments welcome! thanks
I don't know what you started with but these cetainly have verynice color and focus. Perhaps just a tad overexposed but not by much. Better to be slightly under than over. The composition needs some work but that comes with time. The image quality of the eagle, in particuclar, is excellent.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:49 PM   #5

is the eagle, and wolf over exposed? Ive come to the conclusion in order to get good composition you have to have at least one creative bone in your body......of wich i have none but im working on it? thanks for the reply

Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:35 PM   #6

The gorilla is the slightlyoverexposed one. I'm nitpicking here. The exposure really isn't that far off. As to composition, the eagle is lost in all the foliage and the pole is a detraction and the wolf and gorilla are too zoomed in. Back-off some and add to the story. With 5mp you have some croproom if you need it. Be very cognizant of what is in the background and where it is placed relative to the subject. A slight movement one way or the other of your body and the camera can change that relationship significanly. The wolf is really very good if it had both ears complete. The yellow tag can probably be cloned out fairly successfully.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:42 PM   #7

I like the eagle shot, its not like you are going to ask America's bird to move or anything :-)
dengar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:23 PM   #8

:evil:fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The gorilla is the slightlyoverexposed one. I'm nitpicking here. The exposure really isn't that far off. As to composition, the eagle is lost in all the foliage and the pole is a detraction and the wolf and gorilla are too zoomed in. Back-off some and add to the story. With 5mp you have some croproom if you need it. Be very cognizant of what is in the background and where it is placed relative to the subject. A slight movement one way or the other of your body and the camera can change that relationship significanly. The wolf is really very good if it had both ears complete. The yellow tag can probably be cloned out fairly successfully.
Lol i didnt realize the yellow tag till fmoore mentioned it. Good analysis of all the pictures fmoore. With help and for a fact, honest opinions is what makes someone improve themselves.

arvind sachdev..
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:45 AM   #9

fmoore has some very good points here indeed:P

but you are off to a great start..photos are nice and sharp that is a major factor in my opinion to a good photoalso a photo that is atad under exposed is a plus,you can all ways use the curves setting in a Photo editor like" Paint Shop Pro"to breath life in to a slightly under exposed shot...
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote