Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1

I'm just wonding about the main picture quality. I know the feature diffrences, but would just like to know if the macros are similar and if the noise is that much better on the olympus? Thanks for your help - Ryan
RyanDigitalBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2005, 5:47 AM   #2

I've been looking at the Oly 8080 myself to compliment my FZ10 as it is the best 8MP digicam available - I was hoping that the FZ30 would have been as good but thats not the case although I do think that the FZ30's got less noise at ISO80/100 than the FZ20.

Compared to the FZ20 I think the Oly may just take slightly better pictures - just due to the larger CCD 2/3" vs 1/2.5", it has an ISO 50 ->400 in steps of 50, and it also has a very nice fast Zukio 58mm diameter lens. What i would do is download and compare samples from both camera's - print them out as well.

OK, I'm off to work.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:17 AM   #3

Thanks for your advice, I'm leaning toward the 8080 but my friend has the fz15 and that camera DESTROYED my d70 as far as picture quality went. The Noise sucked,but man talk about sharp! We did a resolution test one day (both one the same tripod) And even my $1000 lenses couldn't beat it. Handhelp it was silly. If the 8080 is as sharp or sharper going to go that route....I like the 28mm....any more people with advice? -Ryan
RyanDigitalBike is offline   Reply With Quote