Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:17 PM   #1

I found this on the DCRP forum, it was a link to a Czech site (I think thanks to Harjtt - God I love that guy!) Couldn't understand most of it, and I would still like to see a side by side comparison with the FZ20 (which I would do myself if I could get my hands on a camera- btw, B&H are already advertising it saying "coming soon") but here are some pics, starting with the ISO comparison:

Attached Images

Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:19 PM   #2

here's the night/long exposure comparison:

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:20 PM   #3

http://www.fotoaparat.cz/article/10165/2 - the czech site

here's a pic in which I love everything about (sharpness, color tone and esp. the bokeh!):

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:25 PM   #4

and look at the colors and the sharpness on the macro shot - btw, I check the exif data, and these pics were all shot with the contrast, sharpness and saturation on normal:

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:41 PM   #5

Just from eyeballing, the noise from the pictures seems very close to the FZ20. Of course all of the pics posted were at ISO 80 (with the exception of the comparisons). But the pictures look beautiful. I will definitely be getting the camera. Which means I have an FZ20 to sell. And if anyone is interested in the LTZ10, let me know. Also, my fiancee has a business so you could purchase it with a credit card, if you like.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:06 PM   #6

Hola Nancy

I found that site by mistake and when you look at the high ISO shots there and the ISO400 pict of the virgin mary on dpreview, I;d have to say there had to be something wrong with the FZ30 that [email protected] used. Personally I think the FZ30's has a wee bit less noise at ISO80 than the FZ20. Personally, I think Jeffs should do a factory rest on teh cam and retake some of those shots or ask Pana for another cam as the samples that you can find on other sites are way different enough to warrant it.

Here's a crop of the church sample from DCR:

FZ20 shot

Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:07 PM   #7

FZ30 pict of the same church just cropped and resized to the FZ20 pict:

To me the FZ30's picts shows more detail, appears to be sharper and there is less noise in the sky compared to the FZ20 shot. I maye be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

Harj

Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:17 PM   #8

Hmmm....from the pics above, I must say that FZ30 is not all that bad...However, I'll reserve my final opinion till the time we get some more pics and some more comparisons....
Thanks Harj and Nancy for sharing these pics
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:09 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone that has posted information on the FZ30. I am looking forward to your posts with the FZ30 Nancy.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:25 AM   #10

Your definitely right, HarjTT! The FZ30 has less noise. I can't see Panasonic coming out with a newer version of one of their models having more noise. I'm with Arunpd, I want to see more, and I would love to see the ISO comparison side by side with the FZ20 of the same picture so we can see exactly what the real deal is. Does anyone know when the release date for the camera is in the US?