Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 27, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

Supposedly the LX1 was released in Japan on the 26th of August. Anybody gotten their mitts on it? I've been dying waiting for a review, I've got a 2 gig SD card just sitting here, all by it's lonesome, waiting on a camera!*
ormandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:04 PM   #2

Same here! Been wating for some non-prototype pic from the lx1. Just saw that the FX30 is delayed for U.S. release untill October.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:29 PM   #3

Any reason for the delay ?

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 9:52 PM   #4

None found. On any board. Just that it will be released in Oct.Hope the LX1 does not get the same fate!
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:53 PM   #5

I live in Tokyo and I went and checked the local electronics shop yesterday. They did not have one on display so I asked when they would have one. The answer was that if I wanted to order one then they would have it for me in about one week. I tried to see if that meant they would have one in normal stock and on display in one week but I didn't get a straight answer to that question. I may try to get over to Shinjuku or Akihabara today and check there. I came through Singapore on Friday and they did not have any around.
feibojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 12:11 AM   #6

Hum... Could it be they are twiking the cameras? What other Panasonic camera are due in Sept? Since I have dealt in tech over the years. A change in release can mean a lot of thing from OOPS a bug, cant get enough parts for the inital run, startup line problems etc. I am going crazy wating for some real world shots from this camera!*
Old Aug 28, 2005, 6:47 AM   #7

I did get to Akihabara today. I found the LX-1 in a few stores with listed prices ranging from 62,000 yen to 64,000 yen. It looked really nice. Seemed to be everything I want it to be although it was hard to tell exactly just there in the store. I will probably hold off buying just because I am moving to Singapore soon and will probably get it there so I don't have to fuss with power adapters. One miinor thing I did notice was that unlike other compact digicams, it had no built in lens cover.
feibojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 12:33 PM   #8

Thank you for the report! The lense does not go all the way back in the body like the FX9 & 8. Saw one picture of the lense cap being a pinch clamp afair. How long before some one comes out with a clip on barrel for thing like filters.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 8:37 PM   #9

Looks like it is out in Japan! On a different site. A poster has been takeing samples and posting them on one of the photo sharing sites. Pix reall dont look bad!*
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:56 AM   #10

Just wondering why there are no news anymore for a couple of days...
michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote