Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:41 PM   #1

From DPreview site:

"Olympus has today announced a new range in its lineup with the six megapixel, 10x zoom SP-500 Ultra-Zoom. The solid looking camera offers full manual control as well as RAW capture, an electronic viewfinder, 21 scene modes and 143-area AF. It also borrows the predictive AF function found on the C-7070 WZ, which predicts the location of a moving subject at the moment the shutter closes. It also boasts a 2.5-inch LCD and 3cm macro mode. The SP-500 Ultra-Zoom will be available from October priced $399.99 (£300). "

More here...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05...y_sep500uz.asp

Looks interesting to me !!!!
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:10 PM   #2

It lacks IS. It wiull be a non-factor for that reason. Oly is missing the beat again. Truly sad for the company who had the first IS zzom.

Chrystie
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:21 PM   #3

They should just go back and run the Uzi (C-2100) again. They got it right the first time, by all accounts.
Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:52 PM   #4

Goldar wrote:
Quote:
They should just go back and run the Uzi (C-2100) again. They got it right the first time, by all accounts.

I agree with that. Just like the FZ1v2. The revolutionary mega optical zoom camera with IS and beating out all the 3 megapixel cameras with just 2 megapixels.

Please note: The statement Ijust made is a matter of opinion which I am sure some may not share.Using myfirst hand experienceis what I go by toqualify my statement and not just reading and looking at online reviews and examples.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote