Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:02 PM   #11

Dean Forbes wrote:
Quote:
I'm interested in the AE lock and the higher res EVF. Have you used these much? How does the EVF compare to that on the FZ20? Thanks.
I haven't had a lot of opportunity to get out with it. Been at work and the weather has been bad. But its clearing up this weekend and I'm going to be visiting a really nice gore and waterfall this weekend so after the weekend I will post some pics.
terryf1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 4:08 PM   #12

Hello!

I'm new member of this forum.
I'm interested in buying FZ30 , but it's hard to find more info about this camera.
Then thank you for this forum :-)

A'dlike to see moreshots made in natural light / outdoor.
(especially for skin colour and grass green)
Terry- I needsome info about compatible accu for this camera, and
what is the size /diameter/ of filter mount ? Could I use the normal (77mm
for example) CPL filter withFZ30's lens?

Can anyone compare Nikon N8800 and Lumix FZ30? Functionally it looks very "compatible".. Which one wouldmake better shots..?

Thankfor your answers..

Slash /Poland/

SlashPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:05 PM   #13

terryf1960 wrote:
Quote:
Heres a couple of snapshots that I took. The first one from the 20D with the 70-200mm F2.8L IS lens no flash, and the second one with the Panasonic FZ30.
Soryy, but the blur in the second picture looks photoshoped to me :?: The front of the keybord atleast is blurred in PS (or other programm) and I can see some sharp edges on girl's head. So I don't know who you are trying to fool and why, but I'm starting to wonder do you even have FZ30.
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think I can believe to my eyes :roll:
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:20 PM   #14

I guess you must not read very well. I said it was post processed in my post. I'm not tryint to fool anyone and I also explained these shots are just fooling around. I haven't had time to go out and get true test shots. Owning a Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS I wouldn't attempt to fool you. If I could then I wasted an awful lot of money on one of Canons best Zoom lens.

CerambyX wrote:
Quote:
terryf1960 wrote:
Quote:
Heres a couple of snapshots that I took. The first one from the 20D with the 70-200mm F2.8L IS lens no flash, and the second one with the Panasonic FZ30.
Soryy, but the blur in the second picture looks photoshoped to me :? The front of the keybord atleast is blurred in PS (or other programm) and I can see some sharp edges on girl's head. So I don't know who you are trying to fool and why, but I'm starting to wonder do you even have FZ30.
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think I can believe to my eyes :roll:
Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:25 PM   #15

Here is one almost untouched. All I did was run it through Noiseware professional. I find it does a good job on the Panasonics noise problem. I also find that its best to use the built in flash for all indoor shots. I will be investing in an external flash.

Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:53 PM   #16

One last word on this before I hit the hay. I just printed that last shot. I have a Canon IP8500. I cropped the sides and printed it on an 8X10 and I have got say wow. This is a camera that will deliver good prints. I have to admit that I wasn't doing cartwheels over the shots viewing on computer but it came out amazing as a print.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:31 AM   #17

terryf1960 wrote:
Quote:
Here is one almost untouched. All I did was run it through Noiseware professional.
If you've got a spare moment and want to help some of the recalcitrants here (like me), could you post some 100% crops (or even full sized shots) without any post processing at all? I'm looking very seriously at the FZ30 but I have no intention of applying any post processing to get a decent print. I don't even use Windows, so suggestions to use Windows software to fix problems with the camera aren't very useful.

Quote:
I find it does a good job on the Panasonics noise problem.
There it is again. Nearly everyone says this is a noisy camera. Some people are posting cleaned up and res reduced photos that look fine. Now you do both! Those of us who are not into post processing really want to know if this camera will deliver the goods straight from the camera to the printer.

Quote:
I also find that its best to use the built in flash for all indoor shots. I will be investing in an external flash.
Just like my FZ10 (except the FZ10 flash is too weak for anything more than 1m away). My Sunpak 383 makes a world of a difference.

I could handle the FZ30 if the noise is the same as my FZ10, but if it's worse, then I'd just get mad. I still can't understand why Panasonic wasted that bigger sensor by making the pixels so tiny. What numbnuts!
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:12 AM   #18

Aaaaaay....by gum! Here's the little black beauty right out of the box. Just bought'er today. I've only had time to charge the battery and snap a couple testers just to confirm she's alive and well. I'll post some shots tomorrow, but so far, after browsing the manual and ogling up close and checking out the focus, menus etc...this toy looks like the full meal deal!!! Best regards,

KennethD
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:18 AM   #19
JKA

FZ30 is available in Canada for 2 weeks now. The retail price in Toronto at Henry's Camera is 999.99.

The LCD gain up is working fine, the LCD is very sharp and
focusing is excellent.

A real improvement over the FZ10 and FZ20, it is operate like a
DSLR now.

However the grip is a little too big for small hands!

JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:23 AM   #20

check this out too... by the way, the evf is just so much more improved over anything I've tried in stores (trying to decide what to buy) that I am still doing cartwheels in celebration. Finally...F I N A L L Y a camera with an efv that is really really nice and crisp.

KennethD

Oh, and I paid $969.00 Canadian at London Drugs...
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote