Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:42 PM   #11

Thank you Jussiuk

there are pics which get a good look with PP.
However I remember a few months ago that someone started a topic dedicated to manipulated images (with Flood and other plugins), aiming to keep the PPed images apart from true photography.

However there is not a pic which cannot be improved in PP, especially those coming from FZ series: NR, contrast, saturation and color adjustments, sharpening, cropping/resizing, framingare the norm.

If used with standard or Low saturation, FZ20 gives natural color, which can look a little "dead" if compared to those from Nikon and especially Canon Compacts and dSLR (when used in vivid mode, which enhances the blue of the skies and waters and saturates more the colors). But in Photoshop one can obtain any effect, knowing how to select and a few more tricks.

I like to play with images but I am aware that many times Post processing can turn the picture more interesting but alsoless "true"...

Nar
Attached Images

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:43 PM   #12

This is a variation of a flower pic I already posted months ago
Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:22 PM   #13

I feel that when people tut tut p&p it is almost missing the point that digital photography is quite diferent from film. If we only try and imitate the results of film then why bother. Get a film camera.
The digital world opens a new vista for photos and I feel it is still delevoping. The full potential of digital is yet to be seen but I am sure it will be exciting...

You will naturally get different effects using film. That is the beauty of film. However the digital world offers its own kind of beauty and there are lots of artists now using digital medium for expressing their work which is fascinating and fresh.
Is it not time to move on from film? Or imitating film?
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:48 PM   #14

You are right, Jussyuk

and even in film there was/is much PP, only it is generally made by the developer not by the photographer himself.

Then we should als ask ourselves:

"Are we searching for the picture which gives the greatest emotion
or are we aiming to reproduce nature as much closer as possible to reality?"

This can be true also for painting, sculpture and other arts...

But the point is that in a forum like this one, the art must be found in the eye of the photographer, in the ability to catch a situation, stop a moment, freeze nature's beauty...

on the other hand, too much PP can bring us towards DIgital art, which is quite different from Photography and can also start from non photographic pictures....
That's why I was saying that I try to keep from going toomuch adrift with Photoshop

Narmer
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:19 AM   #15

In reality, it's what YOU like.**A camera tells a story.*Some photos are volumes, others a sentence.Narmer, your macros are beautiful,* Thanks
Whisperin Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:38 AM   #16

Thanks again

last 2 ones of the series...
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:39 AM   #17

And this one to close the ring, is only slightly different from the first one posted
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:51 AM   #18

magnifico! All fantastic but I am partial to the natural colored shots, mainly because they seem to have more depth / dimension to them. Plus, the orange is so vivid!
suze is offline   Reply With Quote