Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:23 AM   #1

Max_Pain turned me on to the Picasa program which I have found to be SO helpful for quick point-and-click tweaking of largenumbers of pics. To my eye, the results are remarkable. Tho not perfect, I give this program an7 out of 10. (Note, most of my photos are for posting on the family photo website.)

Anyone know of any other programs that produce quality results for quick processing of multiple images?
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:35 PM   #2

picasa 2 is a bit better.

everything else cost $$$...adobe photoshop, elements, etc

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:42 PM   #3

Irfanview isgood and I have never used the gimp,but most people speak highly of it.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:59 PM   #4

Yes I use GImp and use it extensively....I find it better than photoshop....It is one program I am amazed with coz its FREEE...
Open Source softwares rock !!!!
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:59 PM   #5

I'm surethat Photoshop and GIMP are vastly superior programs overall compared to Picasa. Believe it or not, I have photoshop,and I'm slowly but surely mastering it.

But the thing is, simple adjustments are mostly all I need to do. What I like about Picasa is that you canload a whole folder full of images at once, andedit them one at a time in a kind of slideshow fashion.It has automatedone-click adjustments for sharpening, contrast, etc., that allow for quick andsimple fixes. then you can"hold" thephotos you want to keep and discard the rest.

Like I said, I'm quite happy overall with the results I've been getting, but just wondering if there are other similarly simple programs out there.
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote