Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:35 PM   #11

I love the b&w image. I wonder, though, if a polarizer or neutral density filter might have added some punch to the color photo. I noticed that the b&w is not a straight conversion - you did a little bit of PP work. Do you think a little PP might add a bit to the color photo? It's a nice image, but I think this scene has more potential in color in addition to what you've accomplished in b &w.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:22 PM   #12

I was using a polarizer for the color photo and as I pointed out in my orginal post the B&W image has been PP. Thanks for the comments though, I will try to have a bit of a play with the color image.

Willow, I wish I could shoot IR. I hear one of the Nikon dSLR's can do it, maybe d70? Yet another reason to one day upgrade, one day...

Treemonkey

Update: Attached is a PP version of the color one, maybe a little over done.

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
I love the b&w image. I wonder, though, if a polarizer or neutral density filter might have added some punch to the color photo. I noticed that the b&w is not a straight conversion - you did a little bit of PP work. Do you think a little PP might add a bit to the color photo? It's a nice image, but I think this scene has more potential in color in addition to what you've accomplished in b &w.
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:27 PM   #13

Tree

The Black & White looks just right, much better than the colour shot but your PSHOP on the colour pict has improved it a lot esp around the jetty - much more punchy and eye catching.

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:52 AM   #14

The retouched color photo looks good, thanks for working on it. Nevertheless, I agree with you and the others that this photo works best in b&w.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:59 PM   #15

Hi, I really like what you did with the PP in color picture......BUT the black and white is awesome!!!!It is far superior and very dramatic!! Treemonkey thanks for sharing your work. It is always a pleasure to see. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote