Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:49 AM   #1

:?

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:01 AM   #2

I have been watching it for days on TV and still find it hard to believe. Thanks for pitching in and helping. All I can do from here is donate to help. Thanks again.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:13 AM   #3

Thanks for posting your message and the photos.

Are we our brother's keeper?

You better believe it. Anyone that is not filled with compassion and generosity in this great time of need...is truly dead in soul and spirit.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:57 AM   #4

Perhaps USA can ask a little help from the rest of the world if it was indeed a difficult situation to deal with.

Last edited by musicarvind; Jun 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:33 AM   #5

Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:03 AM   #6

beernutz wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for addingyour ignorant political rant to an honest plea forhelp for the less fortunate.

musicarvind wrote: nothing worth repeating
You are most welcomed beernutz.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Thank you for adding your ignorant political rant to an honest plea for help for the less fortunate.

I feel a bit diffident about weighing in here -- it's not the sort of thing I usually comment on -- but seriously, sitting here in my comfortable chair in a warm room ten thousand miles or so away from the action, I see no political rant at all.

To my mind, musicarvind called it like it is.

Where in the world the disaster happened is immaterial -- what's important is that it did happen, that it was predicted to happen, that adequate warning of the storm's approach and likely strength was given and that too many of those in a position to do something about it -- both before and after the event -- either sat on their hands and did nothing or, even worse, mismanaged the money, equipment and human resources that should have at least mitigated the inevitable loss of life, injury and property damage.

As to aid, from the news we get here it's being offered from many sources all over the world (or own Government put in $10,000,000 immediately via Red Cross -- any other help we can give will no doubt be provided as the need is identified.)

Please don't take this as an attack on US bureaucrats as a class -- we've got 'em too...

To back up my comments above, I've taken the liberty of reposting one of the images from the gallery -- take careful note of the date on the sign.

Attached Images

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:21 AM   #8

Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:23 PM   #9

Idle wrote: As beernutz indicated this was not intended as a political forum regatdless of how well informed you are by the news media. We all know that everything they say or print is 100% correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for adding your ignorant political rant to an honest plea for help for the less fortunate.

I feel a bit diffident about weighing in here -- it's not the sort of thing I usually comment on -- but seriously, sitting here in my comfortable chair in a warm room ten thousand miles or so away from the action, I see no political rant at all.

To my mind, musicarvind called it like it is.

Where in the world the disaster happened is immaterial -- what's important is that it did happen, that it was predicted to happen, that adequate warning of the storm's approach and likely strength was given and that too many of those in a position to do something about it -- both before and after the event -- either sat on their hands and did nothing or, even worse, mismanaged the money, equipment and human resources that should have at least mitigated the inevitable loss of life, injury and property damage.

As to aid, from the news we get here it's being offered from many sources all over the world (or own Government put in $10,000,000 immediately via Red Cross -- any other help we can give will no doubt be provided as the need is identified.)

Please don't take this as an attack on US bureaucrats as a class -- we've got 'em too...

To back up my comments above, I've taken the liberty of reposting one of the images from the gallery -- take careful note of the date on the sign.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:19 PM   #10

There no pictures..why?
Is there censorship here and for what reason?
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote