Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:29 AM   #1

My FZ15 has recently started to lock up randomly. I will be in the midst of takingphotos and the zoom, shutter, & any of the buttonsstop responding.

If I turn it off and back on it sometimes works, other times I need to remove the battery, sometimes that doesn't even fix it and I just put it down for a while.When I gointo the mode to review photos, it continously cycles through the delete photos menu (luckily it does not delete anthing) but the buttons don't respond.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue? I thinkI am still covered by the parts warranty but I have no clue what to expect of the labor cost. Until I get this figured out the camera is basically useless because I can't count on it working.

thanks for any help!
kjo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:07 PM   #2

bump.... anyone?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:23 AM   #3

I've not experienced this, but my only suggestion would be to try a completely new battery. If possible, you might do so in a local camera store. It is possible that the battery is just not getting consistent power to the camera.

It didn't accidentally get wet for even a short period of time did it?
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:48 AM   #4

Anything gettig hot (the battery or card) ?

You could tryremoving the battery overnight.

But I would get a hold of Panasonic... someone reported a FZ15 that Panasonic could not repair so they sent him a FZ30.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:42 AM   #5

thanks for the ideas, I'll give them a try... otherwize its definetley going back to panasonic for repair. Was really just hoping somone had seen this so I could have an estimate of cost, anything much over $100-150(labor)and I think I'll just look for a new camera.

the camera spends alot of time in my boat (fresh water), but can't say its ever been wet, but I suppose some type corrosion could account for the random behavior.