Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:58 PM   #1

Hi All, I have been on a much needed vacation. I fell in love with this shop full of hand blown glass artand asked if I could photograph some of the works. These pictures aren't the greatest, but I really enjoyed the art.......I couldn't afford any of it though....lol.....The first picture is of a bowl of marbles by Cuneo Furnace. Does anyone here like glass art? Some of the glass fusion and glass blown pieces in the shop were in the thousands of dollars...out of my league..... now you know why I couldn't afford any of it.....but the artist were very talented.....Enjoy. bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:02 PM   #2

This second picture is a large decorative bowl, called Watercolor Pond by the artist Mad River. It was such a unique piece...It really looked as the fish was under water....I had a very had time with the lighting in the store taking the picture. It's the best I could do but I wanted to share it with you all. bentleysmom
Attached Images

Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:08 PM   #3

This last one was one of my favorites. I can't for the life of me remember the artist name.....It was a decorative piece that would sit on a table or shelf. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:10 PM   #4

VERY INTERESTING SHOTS ,,,ALL 2 ARE WINNERS:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:08 AM   #5

OK, that's where they went.....I've lost my marbles and you found them!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Love both #1, #2 and #3. The marble shot is very whimsical and colorful, and #2 is nicely composed and framed. #3 is very Zen.

I like the subjects you chose.

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 9:30 AM   #6

I like all three shots, but I especially like the colors and curves in #1.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:31 PM   #7

Hi Willow, Hiroshi, and Ladyhawk, I appreciate your time and your comments. I really didn't do the glass justice.....but the workmanship of the pieces in the shop blew me away. Willow,Hiroshi,& Lady,I just enjoy photography so very much.....I take my camera everywhere......and youare definitely seeing the world around me...... I Really enjoy seeing and hearing about everyone elses world on this Panasonic site.There is such varied interest, wonderful photographers, and much kindness and helpfulnes. bentleysmom