Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:59 PM   #1

Unfortunately this isn't as nice as his!

I took this shot just to post up at the VW forums but never got around to it. So, here it is straight from the camera. Someday I'll actually buy some software and be able to play with these images. BTW, that's the wife's car;-)

Attached Images

Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

Oh, I like this one. Good job for a no PP shot. If you don't have money to buy software like Adobe Photoshop, you should try picassa or even the GIMP. I think that post processing is as important as capturing a frame in the digital photography area.

yoshi
ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:58 PM   #3

I like this shot, too. Irfanview is free and has color swap capabilty. Image/Swap Colors/RGB>BGR. Adjust contrastand/or levels to tweak it a bit.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:59 PM   #4

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
I like this shot, too. Irfanview is free and has color swap capabilty. Image/Swap Colors/RGB>BGR. Adjust contrastand/or levels to tweak it a bit.
WOW thanks for the link! I need to break down and get photoshop or something but I've been finding very little time to play lately.

Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:29 PM   #5

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:47 PM   #6

Really, cool! talk about improvement!
If you really can't get Photoshop I really recommend the GIMP. It can do whatever Photoshop can do but with a huge price difference (it's free) You can check it out at http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 1:58 PM   #7

ascaria wrote:
Quote:
Really, cool! talk about improvement!
If you really can't get Photoshop I really recommend the GIMP. It can do whatever Photoshop can do but with a huge price difference (it's free) You can check it out at http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Thanks...

I downloaded it at home last night and played around a bit. It does do color swaps and seemingly alot of other cool stuff. I'll have to play alot more to figure out what I can and need to do but it looks like a very good free program!