Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 14, 2005, 1:25 PM   #1

I read the review at DPreview on the FZ30. It appears to me that the FZ30 has a (female) 55mm filter (or adaptor) receptor? The FZ20 has a 72mm (male) receptor. I have the FZ20 and bought the needed adaptors etc. for my TCON14B (62mm), Nikon 6T (62mm), and Raynox 6600pro (52mm).

My question is what would be needed to mate the above lenses to an FZ30? Step rings? Adapter? etc..

I am considering the FZ30 because of the increased EVF and LCD resolution over the FZ20 and the optical extended zoom but do not want to give up mylenses in the process..

Thanks in Advance, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:20 PM   #2

After some more checking and finding a post about 3 pages back I believe I need the following if I get an FZ30:

55 to 62 Stepup ring for TCON14B & Nikon 6T

55 to 52 Stepdown ring for the Raynox 6600pro

Thus this sound correct? Thanks, Gerry
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:20 PM   #3

You are correct , you will find the Tcon 14 B and the 6T work better on the FZ30 than on the FZ20. And in a couple days I can tell you about the 6600 as its on the truck.

Fred moore has that combo I am sure he will post a few shots in short order.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:51 PM   #4

Genece, do you have the FZ30 now?
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:57 PM   #5

genece wrote:
Quote:
You are correct , you will find the Tcon 14 B and the 6T work better on the FZ30 than on the FZ20. And in a couple days I can tell you about the 6600 as its on the truck.

genece, thanks for the reply. Am I to assume you have an FZ30 with the 14B and 6T now? Or should it work better because of the steprings instead of the long adapters on the Fz20?

Would really like to hear from people who have the FZ20 w/lenses who have purchased the FZ30 and done some test pics..

Thanks, Gerry
Old Sep 14, 2005, 4:28 PM   #6

genece wrote:
Quote:

Gene - I'm surprised tosee the 14b and 6t "work better" on the fz30. Less vignetting? Better overall quality? Both? Can you post some comparisons demonstrating the better quality vs the fz20?

I don't have the fz30 so can't post any shots wiith the dcr6600. I'll be looking forward to your take on that combo, however.

The 6600 does work wonderfully with the FZ5 using the raynox modified fz5 adapter. Clean to the corners with no barrel distortion. Here are a coupleI took at Trump PlazainAtlantic Citywhile my mother-in-law gambled.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:15 PM   #7

I am sorry Fred I thought I saw that you just received a FZ30.

Its that old age thing again ..since I can't remember I just make things up.

And after typing for a while I just closed this window and need to type again and I oops at that also.

Yes the Vignetting is less the 14B quits at 2X the B300 and tcon17 at 4 X and the Raynox 2020 at 7X and thats huge.

And I have no pictures for comparrison I am just so happy with the almost perfect focus rate of the FZ30.

Picture quality does not seem much different especially at normal viewing sizes.

Here are just a few photos with the FZ30 and B300 If I remember only one was touched and its marked...exif and originals there also

http://imageevent.com/grc6/fontsize3...teleconverters

Taken This AM while fishing

Attached Images

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:08 PM   #8

genece wrote:
Quote:
I am sorry Fred I thought I saw that you just received a FZ30.
No problem, Gene. I'm in the same leaky boat. Nice sunrise there. Take that 6600 fishing with you and see what you catch. That same location would be nice.

Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:30 PM   #9

[color=aqua][size=1]

The DCR6600 is a bit of a disappointment it showed more vignetting then on the FZ10.

fmoore wrote: [/b]

Quote:
genece wrote:
Quote:

Gene - I'm surprised tosee the 14b and 6t "work better" on the fz30. Less vignetting? Better overall quality? Both? Can you post some comparisons demonstrating the better quality vs the fz20?

I don't have the fz30 so can't post any shots wiith the dcr6600. I'll be looking forward to your take on that combo, however.

The 6600 does work wonderfully with the FZ5 using the raynox modified fz5 adapter. Clean to the corners with no barrel distortion. Here are a coupleI took at Trump PlazainAtlantic Citywhile my mother-in-law gambled.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:23 PM   #10

LoveLife wrote: [color=aqua][size=1]

Quote:
The DCR6600 is a bit of a disappointment it showed more vignetting then on the FZ10.
It's crying out for a 55-52mm c-ring; too much space between the 6600 and fz30 lens. How's thecorner degradation at higher zooms?