Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:44 PM   #1

I went back to the BM today and this time I spent about 2.5 hours at the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Viking and 16th Century European collections. First time I've taken 83 pictures with the FZ10 in one sitting before wipping out the battery (silly me forgot the spare -slaps forehead :?).

All pics at ISO 100 (ISO 50 was just not possible), Manual, whitebalance manual (set with grey/white card), all in cam settings low, spot metering, USM 60%, +10% contrast, B&W's converted from colour.

I asked about tripods and monopods - they can be used but you need to get prior written permission from the museum so that's a useful bit of info if your planning to go to any musuem.

1. Eygptian pharaoh - can't remember which i realy wish i'd taken a note pad.
Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

2) A hand - from another pharaoh statue.
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:49 PM   #3

3) Egyptian god - a 12" statue inside a glass enclosure.
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:53 PM   #4

4. Not sure who this is or was but the light from the window facing the staute was really amazing - exif : F5.6/ISO 100:1/400sec
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2005, 5:58 PM   #5

5. Mummy - behind a glass enclosure. A lot of pictures just can't be taken becuase of the reflections just bouncing off the glass enclosed exhibits. I'm thinking that using a polariser might help in this situation.

Exif: F2.8: ISO 100: 1/25 sec
Attached Images

Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:10 PM   #6

Simply Great.

One curiosity: is this general level of the pic you have taken (I mean both the I.Q. -for they are not blurred by slow shutter speeds- and the composition) or only of the best ones ?
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:22 PM   #7

Great stuff, Harj! Pharoh's hand my favorite here. Pharoh's head also good - angle and light - but would have liked a little more of it to the right.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:26 PM   #8

Narmer

Tough question - I usually just take a couple of pictures of each subject and then move on - kind of a short attention span. The ones that I post here are usually the best ones or at least not duplicates - they are nearly all of the same quality in terms of sharpness although a few say 15% show a lot more noise for my likeing so I usually leave those.

John aka Boyzo posted an old Leica shooters tip ages back on the forum on how to hold the camera to reduce camera shake and as I find the FZ10 to be uncomfortable in hand I use that and always shoot with the camera strap wrapped around infront of the handle to bulk it up. Those two things really seem to help me although I've been suprised myself that shots I took at 1/15-20 secs still cam out as good as they did.

I recently did a factory reset on the FZ10 a month ago and that really seemed to have helped the image quality.

I'll see if I can find the thread with John's post.

Fred thanks ! I really liked that staute no head on it, just the torso and hands.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O

Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:35 PM   #9

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
I recently did a factory reset on the FZ10 a month ago and that really seemed to have helped the image quality.
Factory reset? Please explain.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 6:54 PM   #10

Fred

I haven't got the FZ10 here at the moment but if you go into the menu on the cam and then into settings it's got a reset option which I think does some kind of factory rest on the cam - all the custom settings just get discarded etc. You then have to go back into the menu and reconfigure it.

HarjTT

:?