Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:56 PM   #1

It was the first time I wished I had a wide angle lens. The moon had a beautiful ring, and I could not cover it in full. However, I was lucky to have a jet plane passing through. Hope you like this.
Attached Images

Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:22 PM   #2

I haven't seen anything like this before.
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:11 PM   #3

Raghu

I've never seen anythign like that before and I usually keep an eye out for the full moon. Did you take the pict hand held ? The only thing I would do different would be to have the FZ on a tripod, fully manual or in aperture priority and set the cam to f8, spot meter, and focus on the moon. It would have bought out more detail on the moon and the ring .

Cheers

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:26 AM   #4

Harj, it was handheld, but I rested my hand on a wall. It was a full moon day, and getting the moon sharp meant using timing like 1/200 sec. The ring was so faint that it would not appear if taken with such a fast setting, so I had to give more time. That resulted in the moon getting overexposed, but the ring came all right.(As you say, I could also have tried with F8.) If there is any other way of capuring a faint ring and a crisp moon at the same time, please suggest, I am most willing to learn. Thanks Harj and CerambyX for your observation and comments.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote