Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:23 PM   #1

Hey guys, can anyone please tell me if there is a setting on the FZ10 that allows you to take photos in black and white or do you have to change something after you've taken the photo? I can't find anything in the manual.:? Send me an example if you can.
Shellbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:11 PM   #2

open the menu and select "color effect". scroll down to "BW" and select. the camera will shoot in B&W until you change it back.

personally, my experience with the FZ20 is that there's no benefit to using "in-camera" B&W setting... you can convert to grayscale or B&W images in PP just as easily, and that way you also have a color original ifyou want it. just my 2 cents' worth...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 8:04 AM   #3

Squirrl's spot on - I always shoot in colour and then convert to B&W in photoshop it manually or if you prefer you could use one of the many filters that are available. I always find that some pictures look better in colour or visa versa so its always handy to have the orginal in colour.

Here's a few pict's that I took in colour with my FZ10 and then converted manually to B&W in photoshop:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Let me know if you would like a step by step how.

Cheers

Harj

:? :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:22 AM   #4

Thanks oh squirrel, it works. Sure is amazing when you go through the mention functions to see all the various settings. I'll definitely use it in the future.
Shellbell is offline   Reply With Quote