Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:31 AM   #1

The last weekend of Summer was beautiful in Philadelphia. Here's some proof of it from the FZ5. Full 15 shot series at http://www.ishots.net/fz5/summersend05/

[align=center]Dogwood Berries[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Butterfly[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Figs[/align]

[align=center][/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:58 PM   #2

Great colors, very nice pictures

greetings

Klaus
kklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:44 PM   #3

Hi Fred,

all are very beautiful, colors, detail, great sense of depth...very 3D >>> one of the FZ5 strength (even the FZ30 cannot equal, IMO), excellent, you rock!!

dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:27 PM   #4

Nice shots Fred the Berries are very 3 dimensional
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:00 PM   #5

[align=left]Thanks for the nice comments. John's Japanese Maple shot from downunder was the inspiration for all of this.We have one in the backyard and I wanted to takea shot to show John how his was going to look 6 months hence. Here it is.[/align]

[align=center][/align]
Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:57 PM   #6

Nice shots. Like the butterfly.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:05 PM   #7

Hi fmoore, These shots are really nice. I like the dogwood berry shot and your use of the lighting. I especially like the fig tree.....My mother has a fig tree in her yard(used to be my grandmother's yard) and I have tried on several occasions to get a good shot of the tree. When I was a little girl we used to have figs for breakfast in the morning picked from the fig tree. You have done a nice job with the tree giving it good depth.(I think my mother's tee is fuller) Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed your other pictures at ishots. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:56 PM   #8

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
I especially like the fig tree.....My mother has a fig tree in her yard(used to be my grandmother's yard) and I have tried on several occasions to get a good shot of the tree. You have done a nice job with the tree giving it good depth.(I think my mother's tee is fuller)
This fig tree was planted from a cutting about 5 years ago and is only just coming into its own. I've tried on a number of occasions to "get it right" with little success. This is as close as I've come. I think it's the big ash tree about 75 feet behind and above it that brings it into relief. (Background is so important and frequently over looked.) It really isn't much of a subject on its own (as I found over andover again)but the leaves are so interesting that onefigures there has to be something there. Of course the afternoon late summer light hasalot to dowith it. This shot was taken "blind" (ie, not using the evf/lcd), getting the camera as low as I could - almost in the grass - to get the angle right. Took a few shots as usual. It's at 2x zoom and the longdof characteristic of digital works nicely.

Fred