Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1

This cute little guy hit into the window, I later got some pictures of him (her?). It was not shy at all, and I was able to get inches away from it.

All pictures used my FZ10 and Sunpak 433D, the macros were with a 6T
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:23 PM   #2

Able to get close? No kidding!!! That #3 shot, if it was any closer,Rocky would be pressing its nose against the lens.Wonderful little creature and you captured him beautifully. Congratulations on a great shoot. Too bad Bullwinkle wasn't around.
:G
Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:49 PM   #3

It is certainly a cute little fella. Every time I try to get that close to an animal it tries to bite me. All good shots but # 3 is my favorite.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 12:20 AM   #4

tcook wrote:
Quote:
It is certainly a cute little fella. Every time I try to get that close to an animal it tries to bite me.
Our human senses are no match for those in the animal world. Our bodies actually secrete anxiety scents that animals can easily smell. Before a photo shoot take several deep breaths and bring your body to a relaxed state and most important think positive loving thoughts. If you succeed at this, you will have a successful photo shoot. I've found that my worst shoots is when I'm not at peace.In rare momentswhen I'm truly at peace, wild birds will come and eat out of my hands with no fear at all. In those rare moments, I know I've achieved Zen. Hope this helps.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:07 AM   #5

Great shots! You managed to make these guys pretty cute. In all my shots of them, close up or not, they look pretty creepy.

Ride16 (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:22 AM   #6

Great shots what a lovely animal :-)
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:22 AM   #7

Very nice shots! The last two are my faves as pictures but really enjoy all of them.
Obviously this must be a different species from the Siberian flying squirrel who is never seen in day light and even in darkness is hardly ever caught on camera!
see:
http://www.ponttokamera.net/lo/index_e.htm

I know a bit out of topic here ...but I thought some might be fascinated by this elusive and odd creature...(and soryr for highjack of thread in a way).

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:36 AM   #8

CUTE, whatta great shots!!
dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:21 PM   #9

Thanks for the nice comments.

What really surprised me (besides the fact that it didn't run away when I used my flash) is that I never expected flying squirrels up in Connecticut. I guess they must live up here as I just took a picture of one, but I always though of them living further south...

It was a bit hard to focus on him as we all know, focusing at night isn't exactly what the FZ10 was designed for, but it did a pretty good job nontheless (I thankfully had a flashlight to give some light for the camera to focus on). And when I was doing the macros, I couldn't see very clearly what I was shooting, so I didn't get as good a shot as I would have hoped.

blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote