Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:35 AM   #11

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the pics, Hiroshi! So, if I have this right, the first picture is with just the 14B on the FZ20 (with the phayee adapter) without the FZ zoomed out at all, and the second one is still just with the 14B on there, but with the digital zoom on the FZ zoomed out all the way?
The first pic is with the optical zoom all the way to 12X with the 14B attached. This brings you up to 620mm.

The second pic is with the digital zoom all the way to 48x and the 14B attached.

Here is the same picture without any zoom and no 14B:

Your first pic is a little soft but still good. Did you use spot focus? Whenever I have the 14B on I usually use spot focus and in difficult situations manual focus.....The second pic looks sharp to me, the bird is in focus and the background is blurred nicely, just the way it should be.
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:52 AM   #12

Here's a little trick I learned. If you bring your contrast up a little and kick up the sharpness some, the picture will look better. Also some spot contrast burning on the bird will help. Ive taken the liberty to do just that on your pic. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:04 AM   #13

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Hi! I recently purchased a TCON-14B for my FZ20. It works great, but I'm still not getting as sharp or as close of pictures as I would like. I read somewhere about adding a teleconverter to the tcon14B - is that right? If so, I would love for someone to tell me what set-up they have (brand, model, etc) so I can try to get some more pics in before the summer is over. Thanks in advance!

Ride16 (http://www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
Check out the write-up at http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30,and go to the bottom link - it's probably the best info. Dr. Shene posts on the dpreview forum.
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:17 PM   #14

Thanks again, Hiroshi! The pic looks a lot better. I don't have photoshop because I've been told that windows ME will not support it. I do have Picassa and neat image, though, so I'll try messing with those next time. The pics I posted had no editing/processing done to them at all.

Ride16 (http://www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote