Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:32 PM   #1

hi from australia new to all this so please de patient this is a photo of my son sliding home.We are only point and shoot people having said that we are having fun learning with the fz5. this shoot the setting were sports with burst.any help will be much appreciated
Attached Images

plugger43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:42 PM   #2

Great! Just needs a bit of p&p in photoshop or some other image editing program and it will be a very nice shot!
You caught the moment alright!

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:48 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. This isn't a bad shot at all considering it's at 12x zoom. Very nice shot actually with the action and the lady in the background. A littletweaking with post processing software (sharpen, color levels, etc) and you're in business. Take your time. There is lots to learn but you're off to a very nice start. Above all, have fun. That's what the fz is all about.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:45 PM   #4

do you think this is better
Attached Images

Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:47 PM   #5

dumd question i know sorry

Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6

I shoot college softball and use manualand burst mode. The sports setting on the camera is a little slow sometimes when there is alot of action.Manual setupwill get you better results once you become familiar with them.

The shutter speed must be 1/640 or higher to stop action. I usually setup on IS0 50 (preferred)or 100,f2.8 (sometimes f4.0 if really sunny), and try for shutter speed 1/1000 for best results. Depending on available light I will come down to no slower than 1/640 or the camera goes in the bag. Most timesItry to stay with anexposureof-1/3.

This setupwill eliminate any blurring. It can stop a hit softball completely so you can see the laces.You may want to sit down with your user manual and read about the manual settings.

imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 2:21 AM   #7

thanks for the tips softball season just starting; fishing;kids at the beach;so many photos so much to learn but will enjoy. I am trying to decide which software paint shop or photo shop
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:12 AM   #8

Another tip is to anticipate the play and lock focus/exposure with a shutter half-press where it will be happening. Then squeeze it off at the right instant. Look forward to seeing some more shots.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:26 AM   #9

Hi all,

i'm new to the forum as well as advanced photography. I have been seeing tons of nice pics, hope to learn from all of you guys!

regarding the sports mode, i think the manual states that its set to a default shutter speed i think...

i realise too when trying to get some action pics of my hostel's camp with the sports mode which ended up much blurred when compared to those in shutter mode.

imaruke wrote:
Quote:
I shoot college softball and use manualand burst mode. The sports setting on the camera is a little slow sometimes when there is alot of action.Manual setupwill get you better results once you become familiar with them.

The shutter speed must be 1/640 or higher to stop action. I usually setup on IS0 50 (preferred)or 100,f2.8 (sometimes f4.0 if really sunny), and try for shutter speed 1/1000 for best results. Depending on available light I will come down to no slower than 1/640 or the camera goes in the bag. Most timesItry to stay with anexposureof-1/3.

This setupwill eliminate any blurring. It can stop a hit softball completely so you can see the laces.You may want to sit down with your user manual and read about the manual settings.
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote