Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 22, 2005, 4:14 AM   #1

Hi,
Im a bit of a newbie to the whole photography game. Ive been playing around with my Lomo for a year or 2 and recently bought an FZ20 which I absolutely love. I now think its time to get a little adventurous with my shooting and get some add-ons that allow a little more creativity, so Im looking for some advice.

I'd like to get an external flash as I feel the built in flash is a bit harsh. I've read a little into this subject and it seems the Sunpak 383 or a Vivitar 283 are good choices. Do both of these flashes just fit straight onto the FZ20 hotshoe or do they need adaptors etc?

I'm going to be moving to Canada soon, and want to take a lot of shots on the ski slopes - people snowboarding in the terrain parks etc - so what do you advise? I was thinking about a Pemeraal adaptor so I could use a wide angle lens. Are the WCON 08B or WCON 07 good choices, and what do I need to fit these to my FZ20?

Anyway, think thats enought questions for now! If anyone has any other advise they'd like to offer it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Murray
murrayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:20 AM   #2
scb

Sunpak 383 will fit right on the hot shoe. If you get one, make sure you keep extra batteries on hand. When the batteries get low, the recycle time gets longer...you'll be able to tell. I really like using the Sunpak....and I've got a new Stofen diffuser to play with...which helps with light distribution. If taking a lot of inside flash shots, I like putting the flash on a bracket as it makes the camera easier to hold and more stable.

Can't help you with the wide angle question.

Enjoy your new camera!
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:08 AM   #3

murrayf wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
Im a bit of a newbie to the whole photography game. Ive been playing around with my Lomo for a year or 2 and recently bought an FZ20 which I absolutely love. I now think its time to get a little adventurous with my shooting and get some add-ons that allow a little more creativity, so Im looking for some advice.

I'd like to get an external flash as I feel the built in flash is a bit harsh. I've read a little into this subject and it seems the Sunpak 383 or a Vivitar 283 are good choices. Do both of these flashes just fit straight onto the FZ20 hotshoe or do they need adaptors etc?

I'm going to be moving to Canada soon, and want to take a lot of shots on the ski slopes - people snowboarding in the terrain parks etc - so what do you advise? I was thinking about a Pemeraal adaptor so I could use a wide angle lens. Are the WCON 08B or WCON 07 good choices, and what do I need to fit these to my FZ20?

Anyway, think thats enought questions for now! If anyone has any other advise they'd like to offer it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Murray
Ckeck out Ebay do a search for CRing adapter.

Ckeck out Ebay do a search for Phayee adapter.

I would choose the WCON08B and get a Linear Polarizer for snow, a UV for general lens protection.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote