Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:19 AM   #1

calcellular.com shows a Replacement Li-ion Battery For Panasonic S006E. 7.2V 720mAh. Battery to suit Panasonic DMC-FZ30. Battery Model No: CGR-S006E/1B. Has anyone tried this battery?
adamsonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2005, 4:39 AM   #2

I have no idea about the battery you mentioned, but I was in a camera store yesterday trying the FZ30 for feel and speed (yes, they've finally made it to Australia!) when I asked if I could try my FZ10 battery in it. The salesman was surprisingly compliant and just popped my battery in the FZ30 and fired it up. Works fine! There is a bit of a gap where the extra bulges of the new battery go so you might want to pack a bit of paper in there to keep it from wobbling, but I can't see any reason why I shouldn't use my spare FZ10 batteries in a FZ30 if I were to buy one.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:45 AM   #3

Hmm. It seems I'm not the first to note the unexpected but welcome compatibility of older batteries. (Should have read the rest of the forum first.) Anyway, people who have any FZ10 or FZ20 batteries shouldn't worry too much about buying FZ30 specific batteries as spares.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:38 AM   #4

I know I have asked this b4, but I can't find the thread..... Does anyone know where to buy the Panasonic (or 3rd market) battery for the FZ30? Panasonic doesn't seem to sell them on their site, and B&H (which usually stocks everything) doesn't carry them. I am assuming additional batteries are bought by most people to at least have a spare. If anyone knows, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:41 AM   #5

Nancy,

I'm sure that the market will have lots of after market batteries out there soon after the FZ30 gains a little more popularity. I have read where people have taken their FZ20 batteries and used them in the FZ30 by adding a little styrofoam spacer to keep the battery from moving around. I can't remember where, but I even saw a picture of the setup one guy had. He said it worked fine. Good luck.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:55 AM   #6

Nancy, I ordered a replacement battery at http://store.yahoo.com/calcellular-store/s006e.html It hasn't arrived yet so I cannot comment at this time. Update to follow.
adamsonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:38 AM   #7

Saw the link, but the pic is of the older battery for the FZ20. I think that is what they are selling you. And I do have a few of those.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:52 PM   #8

Hi Nancy, Posted a message for you on another page. In case you didn't see it and for others looking for replacement battery for the FZ30. Check this site http://www.digitaletailer.com/shop/S...mp;x=0&y=0

The picture is the same as the Panasonic battery, and they are available for $59 which includes shipping!!
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote