Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:37 PM   #1

Hi all, I'm just about to get an fz-30, but I'd like to know if anybody has found a good place to buy a replacement battery (other than original ones that cost far too much right now). Does anybody know of a non-name brand manufacturer for them yet, or know where to get one? Any input would help. Thanks in advance.
finn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:38 PM   #2

calcellular.com shows a Replacement Li-ion Battery For Panasonic S006E. 7.2V 720mAh. Battery to suit Panasonic DMC-FZ30. Battery Model No: CGR-S006E/1B. Not sure about the company nor about the battery. I just purchased my fz30 (beachcamera) and was considering this battery as a spare. I entered a query today in this forum to see if anyone has an opinion about the battery or the company. The link for the battery is http://store.yahoo.com/calcellular-store/s006e.html.
adamsonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:40 PM   #3

finn05 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, I'm just about to get an fz-30, but I'd like to know if anybody has found a good place to buy a replacement battery (other than original ones that cost far too much right now). Does anybody know of a non-name brand manufacturer for them yet, or know where to get one? Any input would help. Thanks in advance.
Word has it that there are no aftermarket batteries available yet. Only Panasonic. It shouldn't be to long before there available tho. If you have a FZ20, that battery will work as a backup (Gene has done this). Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:15 PM   #4

Given the speed with which the Chinese can copy anything else, a no-name battery should be available by Monday......Tuesday at the very latest!

PALADIN

HAVE DIGICAM......WILL TRAVEL
Paladin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:29 AM   #5

I am about to purchase the FZ30, and I have been looking for the Panasonic batteries for a spare, and I can't seem to find anyone who is selling the Panasonic battery (esp. Panasonic). Am I wrong, can anyone steer me to a site that sells the Panasonic battery, I would really appreciate it!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 3:48 AM   #6

I have one on order from the Camera store here in Calgary. (They have a website) They expect it to be here in 2 - 3 weeks and it's 70 bucks Canadian. (ouch) Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 8:51 AM   #7

are you sure the z20 battery will work in the z30 according to panasonic whom i rang it wont fit its a different shape as well ???
sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:00 PM   #8

somebody else has just asked the same question at dpreview. Apparently the FZ20 battery WILL work, but to ensure it doesn't rattle around, the poster stuffed a small piece of foam in the battery compartmenty beside the battery. I'm sure if I want to do this. I do not know if using the FZ20 battery will void the warranty, and I'd rather not take any chances. I am going to South Africa in early November, and I don't want to run out juice at a crucial moment, so it looks like I am stuck buying an original Panasonic battery, at least for now.
finn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:53 PM   #9

finn05 wrote:

fz20 battery fits
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=15160313
Quote:
Hi all, I'm justf about to get an fz-30, but I'd like to know if anybody has found a good place to buy a replacement battery (other than original ones that cost far too much right now). Does anybody know of a non-name brand manufacturer for them yet, or know where to get one? Any input would help. Thanks in advance.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:45 AM   #10

So all of you FZ30 owners have no spare batteries, unless you want to put in the FZ20 battery in there? I found the Panasonic site in Australia claiming to stock them as of September, but you still can't buy them off of the site. If anyone gets any info on buying the battery (I would prefer the Panasonic) specifically for the FZ30 please let me know! Thanx
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote