Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:35 AM   #1

hi...i dont know how many of you remember me (i know Hiroshi will!) but i do remember pretty much everyone here. i've stopped posting in the forum because financial necessity forced me about a month and a half ago to sell my FZ20 kit. now, things have improved and I was able to get myself onto the dSLR realm, starting with a Canon 20D and a Canon 70-200 f/4L lens. meaning, i probably wont post anymore here as I have no reason to (this IS a panasonic board isnt it?)

it was thanks to you guys and the FZ20 that I became confident enough in my photographic skill to decide to spend $2000 to start witha dSLR (and probably will spend the next $6000 on it as well).

I will let you know, however, that once you see how pricey dSLR lenses are you really appreciate the FZ20/FZ30's Leica lens! just my 70-200 f/4L lens cost me more than my FZ20 did when I bought it...so hang on to those FZ20/30's even if you do decide to get a dSLR:!:

take care guys and keep on the Lumix name
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:50 AM   #2

Good luck
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:16 AM   #3

Max_Pain wrote:
Quote:
...once you see how pricey dSLR lenses are you really appreciate the FZ20/FZ30's Leica lens! just my 70-200 f/4L lens cost me more than my FZ20 did when I bought it...so hang on to those FZ20/30's even if you do decide to get a dSLR:!:
that's one reason i've decided not to trade up anytime soon! spending$3000 or more to get the same optical capability in a DSLR that my FZ20 has built-in just doesn't make sense... maybe someday if i start getting really serious, i can justify that kind of expense, but not any time soon!

good luck with your new toy...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:39 AM   #4

Good Luck

20d is very nice, my friend has one. It takesgreatpictures. No PP print up to 60x100cm is clear.

One thing, my camera bag is lighter than his
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:58 AM   #5

Good luck! You could tell us where you are posting in the dslr forum and we could take a look.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:23 AM   #6

Bye Max_pain,

hope you solve your problems with the new camera.
Please post at least one link/picture of a fast flying bird here as soon as you manage to catch one!
I started with a small bag, but now I´m using the old bag of Nikon FM-2 with all these converters, achromats, slave flashes, tripod ......

good luck
sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:50 PM   #7

Max_Pain,

You may be back before you know it. My FZ10 was sold and an FZ20 replaced it. I got started along the DSLR lines with a D30 which I replaced with a 10D and also got a 1D with a 70-200 f2.8 and a 17-40L f4. Needless to say, I love my Canon cameras. But, there are definitely times when I don't want to lug around a DSLR. This is where the FZ's come in handy. I recently got a FZ5 and love it. Great camera that is a fraction of the size and price of my DSLRs. I'm sure you'll soon be searching for a small "backup" P&S. The Powershot S1 is cheap and decent, but the FZ4/5 cameras are pretty nice and take excellent pictures.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:57 PM   #8

Lots of luck, Max!!
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:05 AM   #9

All the best, friend...

KennthD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:16 AM   #10

It really comes down to deciding what you want to get the results you are after.

Provided what one will acquire within their means is all that matters.

Max you show great promise in your photography endeavor and have shown some excellent captures with the FZ20.

P&S or dSLR comes down to a matter of what one finds to meet their need or want to get the captures they are after.

Max the best to you in achieving your goals in photography. You chose a great DSLR and it will surpass anything a P&S can currently do.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote